Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I went to do some offroad mountain biking... and it was a blast... I went through mud pits to the center hub of the rims. Basically it was a ATV/Dirt Bike trail... with tons of roots, mud, and ruts.

I've got a green SE Stout 29er hardtail single speed, and my friend has the red Raleigh 29er single speed... I was more daring than he was... I almost sank twice... but the tires are impressive. Actually, both bikes are insane. :cool:

Where I was going with this bike, a 26" couldn't dare to venture out on. Good thing because I was almost ready to settle on either a Trek 4300 or a Wahoo Disc... good thing I didn't! :nono:

The only thing that was bad was the V-Brakes... which are going to get upgraded relatively soon to Juicy 7s with cleansweep rotors.

Here they are nice and muddy!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Mud can be a lot of fun on a 29er. We have a local fire road that muds up every winter; I have ridden it a few times with a guy on a 26" bike on my tail, only to see him bog down because he can't roll through the mud like I can. It can be pretty funny.

Toss on some Conti Mtn. Kings and you will become a fan of mud. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was considering upgrading the tires when I get disc mountable rims... I might as well consider these.

I think I made a good choice when purchasing this bike. It's got one heck of a sturdy frame, and it's built for abuse. :)

For a novice, I think I did pretty dang well... I wonder what a full suspension 29er is like though...

You guys got any tips on faster cornering on these bikes on the trails? I felt like I was going rather slow... or maybe I was being too careful... I never fell yet.. which for the stunts I was pulling off, my friend and I were quite surprised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.