Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
pyromaniacman129 said:
lets see....crummy old romic that probably needs servicing, old heavy outdated parts, rust, dorado that had lots of maintance issues.....

that thing is just a nightmare money pit....you are buying problems

200 to 300 bucks max yep MAX

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
lets see....crummy old romic that probably needs servicing, old heavy outdated parts, rust, dorado that had lots of maintance issues.....

that thing is just a nightmare money pit....you are buying problems

200 to 300 bucks max yep MAX
haha dude, this was a joke at the seller/

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
I've heard that those brakes are amazing, but unfortunately, I can't find a website that carries parts for them anymore.

Either way, that bike looks well built. The owner only lives 10 minutes from me, so I'm curious and want to go look at it... take pictures... and not buy it. :D

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Prettym1k3 said:
I've heard that those brakes are amazing, but unfortunately, I can't find a website that carries parts for them anymore.

Either way, that bike looks well built. The owner only lives 10 minutes from me, so I'm curious and want to go look at it... take pictures... and not buy it. :D
The brakes are essentially the same as the old 4 piston XT's, if that helps with the part finding. Only difference was the grimeca system uses dot and shimano was mineral oil, so maybe seals might get eaten by the dot, but who knows.

·
1,113 Posts
I am not suprised that POS hasnt sold. Gets posted here every 6 months or so.

I remember Racing DH @ Big Bear maybe 10-11 years ago.

A keebler cookie truck showed up and out came the cheetah racing team!!

POS bike with crappy food = DH performance!!

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
horse of iron said:
I have seen this bike on the local CL for almost as long as I've been riding, (1 year)...same price, the guy swears he's sitting on a gold mine.
Yeah, I wish the guy would get a clue that nobody in their right mind is going to pay a grand for a ten year old clapped out DH bike that you can't get parts for anymore. I'm getting tired of seeing it in CL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.