·
Registered
701 Posts

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,331 Posts
oh man ....rage inducing....

"The reason [the teen driver] couldn’t stop is because he was accelerating to blow more diesel fuel on these cyclists," said Ferrell. "He ended up hitting three people before his brakes even started."

Reactions: stripes

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
WTH are they investigating? I've been to multiple fatal collision scenes. Preliminary investigation was done within a couple of hours and charges filed (or not).

This isn't model rocket surgery. There are witnesses and there does not appear to be extraordinary circumstances (black ice, sun glare, etc.). It appears to be fairly straight-forward. Unless I'm missing something, they need to charge this kid already.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
WTH are they investigating? I've been to multiple fatal collision scenes. Preliminary investigation was done within a couple of hours and charges filed (or not).

This isn't model rocket surgery. There are witnesses and there does not appear to be extraordinary circumstances (black ice, sun glare, etc.). It appears to be fairly straight-forward. Unless I'm missing something, they need to charge this kid already.
They gotta run DNA, prints and facial recognition on the teen to make sure he's not Brian Laundrie.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
12,537 Posts

·
Banned
496 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think he should be charged as an adult. If you’re old enough to legally drive a 4 ton vehicle you’re old enough to go to the Big House.

I actually quit road biking because a guy was rolling coal on me, did it a few times. Last time he pulled in front and opened the passenger door as if to signal he’d push me off the road. That was my last ride.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
As awful as his actions were, the driver will be given a failure to yield moving violation ticket, maybe some misdemeanor assault charge for the smoke out and that's it.
He did not intentionally run them over and he also stopped and rendered aid.
It should be a serious crime, but it isn't. His parents may be sued civilly.
A block from my home a dually back tires smashed a father of three on his bike to death on Brodie lane, the truck driver stopped, and in 20 minutes was on his way to work without even a ticket.
It's not a fair world people and it's just not safe riding a bike on streets anything above a quiet residential street.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I think he should be charged as an adult. If you’re old enough to legally drive a 4 ton vehicle you’re old enough to go to the Big House.

I actually quit road biking because a guy was rolling coal on me, did it a few times. Last time he pulled in front and opened the passenger door as if to signal he’d push me off the road. That was my last ride.
Good on you for remaining civilized. I've never had anything like this happen, but if someone did that to me I'd call him to the mat right there. Never underestimate the fury and wrath of a scorned cyclist, I've seen it myself and it never ended well for the vehicle driver. Granted, I have a short fuse for that kind of garbage. I may lose the fight, but I'd feel a lot better afterward. Some people just need to be punched in the face.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Good on you for remaining civilized. I've never had anything like this happen, but if someone did that to me I'd call him to the mat right there. Never underestimate the fury and wrath of a scorned cyclist, I've seen it myself and it never ended well for the vehicle driver. Granted, I have a short fuse for that kind of garbage. I may lose the fight, but I'd feel a lot better afterward. Some people just need to be punched in the face.
Problem is in Georgia most trucks have guns in them. I know how to pick my battles.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts

And what's the crime? Shi**y and inconsiderate driving isn't a felony.
If you are sober, run a red light and kill a school bus full of children, it's a moving violation of failure to yield. That's it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
And what's the crime? Shi**y and inconsiderate driving isn't a felony.
If you are sober, run a red light and kill a school bus full of children, it's a moving violation of failure to yield. That's it.

I’d like to see attempted murder. Is attempted manslaughter a thing?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
As awful as his actions were, the driver will be given a failure to yield moving violation ticket, maybe some misdemeanor assault charge for the smoke out and that's it.
He did not intentionally run them over and he also stopped and rendered aid.
It should be a serious crime, but it isn't. His parents may be sued civilly.
A block from my home a dually back tires smashed a father of three on his bike to death on Brodie lane, the truck driver stopped, and in 20 minutes was on his way to work without even a ticket.
It's not a fair world people and it's just not safe riding a bike on streets anything above a quiet residential street.

There has to be something here to pin him with. Malicious intent resulting in manslaughter, felony assault, something to do with malicious intent resulting in severe bodily harm and/or death. There has to be a way to keep him from walking.

It's also damn obvious a whole lot of the guys in this thread have absolutely no sense of how the dynamics in a typical conservative family tend to shake out. The kid would be lucky if his own parents didn't kill him themselves when they found out what he had done, and bury him in the backyard. It would probably be better than what his life will be like in his own family afterward. That's assuming they aren't reddnekks. Little inside baseball for you - conservatives do not like reddnekks, and reddnekks aren't conservative.

Editor asterisks out the proper spelling....

·
Banned
496 Posts
Why should the parents be arrested?
Because they do not believe in personal reasonability,
Agree, last time a guy tried to punch me in the face I pulled my sidearm. It de-escalated quickly.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.