Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you 575 riders been using avid flack jackets or any other system that will improve shifting on this frame. it needs to be resistant since its bound to get messed up on the bottom of the bike if it hits a log or whatever...would you recommend the avids, nokons or jagwires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
jaco said:
any of you 575 riders been using avid flack jackets or any other system that will improve shifting on this frame. it needs to be resistant since its bound to get messed up on the bottom of the bike if it hits a log or whatever...would you recommend the avids, nokons or jagwires?
I run the flack jackets on my 575 and racer-x they work fine with no complaints!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
moodster said:
I run the flack jackets on my 575 and racer-x they work fine with no complaints!
I'll second that, 2000 miles and I have only had to adjust the shifting once since new!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
jaco said:
2000miles! thats something! im having problems about every other ride...
I have them tied to XO Gripshift with 0 problem. I am going to change them before spring on the rear cause I think they have served their due with the abuse of the rocks in the area. I can't see where these cables could cause that many problems, that's odd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
jaco said:
2000miles! thats something! im having problems about every other ride...
On another note, have you checked with Yeti to be sure the cable routes are correct?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
minkhiller said:
On another note, have you checked with Yeti to be sure the cable routes are correct?
im sure their fine but the rear gives me a little grief. seems like the rear der cabel gets undone when the ride gets really bumpy. dont know if i make myself clear. in any case, is it one set or two for both shifters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
jaco said:
im sure their fine but the rear gives me a little grief. seems like the rear der cabel gets undone when the ride gets really bumpy. dont know if i make myself clear. in any case, is it one set or two for both shifters?
One set=Front and rear. I would still check on the cable routing to be sure it's correct.
 

·
EDR
Joined
·
10,433 Posts
-Ya, something is funky... I ride very bumpy, rocky terrain and bash the crap out of my 575, outside of initial adjustment I have never had a single adjustment or der. issue.

BTW I'm runnning X9 rear with jagwire. On my bike I have a full housing on the rear cable. The cable runs along the downtube on the non drive side then crosses over to the drive side at the bottom bracket. The ONLY cable that goes UNDER the BB is my front der.

I know there are probably different cable routes but if you have a full housing and it runs UNDER the BB that sounds wrong. There is almost no way my rear cable could be hit by a log or rock, it would have to bash the chainring first.

Check out the cable routing link on Yeti's website and compare it with yours.
 

·
surly inbred
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
... I ride very bumpy, rocky terrain and bash the crap out of my 575, outside of initial adjustment I have never had a single adjustment or der. issue.
Same here (in the muddy northeast, no less.) I run basic QPB housing and stainless cables with no issues. With all the mess I see around here I plan on two sets a season, but made it just fine on one this year. Being able to run full-length housing is da bomb ...just a little tuning after cable stretch.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eatdrinkride said:
-Ya, something is funky... I ride very bumpy, rocky terrain and bash the crap out of my 575, outside of initial adjustment I have never had a single adjustment or der. issue.

BTW I'm runnning X9 rear with jagwire. On my bike I have a full housing on the rear cable. The cable runs along the downtube on the non drive side then crosses over to the drive side at the bottom bracket. The ONLY cable that goes UNDER the BB is my front der.

I know there are probably different cable routes but if you have a full housing and it runs UNDER the BB that sounds wrong. There is almost no way my rear cable could be hit by a log or rock, it would have to bash the chainring first.

Check out the cable routing link on Yeti's website and compare it with yours.
mines running on the underside. tried checking yetis site but it malfunctioning at the moment. the catalog supplied with the bike is crap so didnt help when i first got it built. thnx
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eatdrinkride said:
You have an 05 frame? Full cable housing or partial?
managed to get into their previous site by looking for infor on the 303. nice suspension concept btw...
anyhow, mines 05 and it just got the frame and installed partial housing. but its definately wrong so im getting that fixed asap...no wonder its been giving me grief. thnx again
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top