Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get new brakes and i want the XO brake kit, but i noticed a lot of guys have CR's also. I was wondering why besides being a little cheaper. Are they stronger? It will be going on my sworks enduro. I like to climb but i do like to fly downhill.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had Elixir CR Carbons and Elixir R SL and hated both of them. Look at Maguras new stuff, if you have the cash get some MT-8's or Mt-7's, I have heard nothing but good things but their spendy

·
Riding free's the mind
1,014 Posts
Have run Avids for years,they work fine once you understand the setup quirks. I now believe Avids suffer from being mass production OEM brakes, standard on many pre- built bikes from the major brands. Recently I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance, quality & ease of setup with other brands like Formula, Magura & Hope. I'm suggesting to consider these other manufacturers, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Im looking to get new brakes and i want the XO brake kit, but i noticed a lot of guys have CR's also. I was wondering why besides being a little cheaper. Are they stronger? It will be going on my sworks enduro. I like to climb but i do like to fly downhill.
I like the X0 brakes a little better. They are lighter than the CRs and stop just as well and maybe a little better. The only thing I like better about the CRs is they have the easy adjustable lever reach. The X0s take a hex wrench to adjust the lever reach which isn't a huge deal. Go X0.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.