Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
mudnthebloodnthebeer
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's run both the Juicys and the mechanicals long enough to have an opinion on how they compare.

·
Registered
202 Posts
quaffimodo said:
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's run both the Juicys and the mechanicals long enough to have an opinion on how they compare.
I have both and can confirm pretty much what Padre said. Both (unsurprisingly perhaps) have similar fade resistance / pad wear / ease of setup but the hydros feel superb - better than other hydros I've tried (Hope E4, C2, Mini, Shimano XT) and have great modulation.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
quaffimodo said:
I've had the mechs from just about the time they came out and got the Juicys about a month or more ago. Both are great, but the Juicy's are absolutely amazing and well worth the upgrade. The ease of lever adjustment and power (I'm only running 6"ers) is rather impressive. The lever design is something I like most about the brakes, they just feel better than anything I've ever used.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
quaffimodo said:
Mechanicals: Super easy to setup and adjust. Power comparable to most hydraulics.

Juicy 7's: More power/rotor diameter than any other setup I have tried. Self centering, but not as easy to adjust as the mechs. Nice feel and easy adjustments at the levers. Mine blew out 10 miles in on a 25 mile ride spraying fluid all over. Avid warranty, but it took about a month for me to get them back. To their defense I did score 2 larger rotors with adapters for my troubles, so avid/sram tech isn't all bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.