Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9zero7 fatbike with Avid BB7 brakes. I would like to swap to Shimano XT hydraulics. Am i able to utilize my 180 front, 160 rear rotors?
Thanks and sorry i couldn't find this using search

·
Registered
689 Posts
The Shimano calipers so far have worked with any rotor I have thrown at them. Hayes, Avid, Formula. As long as the pad contact patch matches it is fine.

·
RAKC
7,606 Posts
Same here no issues, but u will need Shimano adapter for the 180mm front. Bb7 adapters dont work with Shimano calipers on front post mount. Just ran into that matter last week going from bb7s to Shimano deore hydros

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
avid bb7 are very good adjust them and upgrade pads do not change them they are good and how can you cycle without front suspension?
He's on a fatbike, the massive tire running at single digit PSI is the suspension. I many ways, those fat bikes have better suspension most cheap forks. The vast majority of people don't need suspension for their cycling. Its nice for moderately aggressive trail riding. Unless you're catching serious air, you don't "need" suspension.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.