Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Slow Goat....
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this before? Any comments or recommendations?
It looks like it is more effient to route the cable. Less cable and housing so less weight, but I think it would be negated by the weight of the Rollamajig.

THanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Been using them for years. Even have one of the original versions with the itty bitty sealed bearings. I believe they enhance shifting and of course get rid of the cable loop. Even Shimano used to use their own version on XTR derailleurs a few years back. Think I heard they got into a lawsuit with Avid as a result.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Extras/product_20952.shtml

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
when i'm forced to run gears (my FS bikes) i ALWAYS use a rollamajig. i have used them for years, never ripped one off and they all work as good as new. the rollers are all still going good, i lube them once in a while.

fantastic investment for shimano derailleurs!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I use them on 4 bikes. Have never had an issue of them being torn off.
Shifts are a little crisper with deore and LX shifters, didn't notice a difference on my XT's.
Made a huge difference on my tandem shifting, and it is XT/XTR.

·
Don't touch me!
774 Posts
Use it only if you want smoother, quicker shifting.

No problems when I used it on my XTR RD. Now resides on my road bike with no problems. Never had it "explode" (it's called maintenance/pre-ride check wh once ile) or yank loose (if it yanks loose, your cable/housing loop would've pulled through as well --> cable tension holds everything together on both setups).

Highly recommend it for general trail riding with Shimano RDs.

·
I Love my Rize
830 Posts
Very little movement

Sideknob said:
The SRAM mech's have different cable routing with a plastic guide the cable slides over, there is no pulley like the Rollamajig has.
The cable slides very little on a cam.

·
Registered
451 Posts
See pic below. I'm looking for easiest shifting (lowest thumb pressure) and most positive shifts; think the Avid Rollamajig would work better or worse than a cable loop like I have now? I'm using teflon coated shifter cables btw.

Attachments

·
PM Me for Wood Fenders
1,001 Posts
Nice idea, they are on sale at price point. I've just ordered new housing...If I cut too short, I guess this is a cheap and effective fix. $7ish

1 - 19 of 19 Posts