Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? Is it common? Every time I hit a bump or something that shakes my bike, my rotors (mainly the front) seem to ding/ring kind of loudly. I've tightened the rotors but they still "ring". Do other disc brake rotors do this? Other than tightening the heck out of them (which didn't solve anything) is there a way to prevent these things from ringing? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Try tightening your skewers.

jeffv3677 said:
Anyone else have this problem? Is it common? Every time I hit a bump or something that shakes my bike, my rotors (mainly the front) seem to ding/ring kind of loudly. I've tightened the rotors but they still "ring". Do other disc brake rotors do this? Other than tightening the heck out of them (which didn't solve anything) is there a way to prevent these things from ringing? Thanks.
It could be your wheels flexing or even your fork. What kind of wheels/forks do you have?

Duc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
duc135 said:
It could be your wheels flexing or even your fork. What kind of wheels/forks do you have?

Duc
The fork is rigid, came with the Bianchi single speed (DISS). The front is a good quality Mavic same as the back. pretty simple. The skewers are tight. I can't figure it out. Thanks for the advice though. Have a good one.
 

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Just a SWAG

jeffv3677 said:
The fork is rigid, came with the Bianchi single speed (DISS). The front is a good quality Mavic same as the back. pretty simple. The skewers are tight. I can't figure it out. Thanks for the advice though. Have a good one.
But try checking your bearing and make sure they are not loose. Loose bearing will cause the disc to move with the hub, independantly of the axle. Had that happen to me recently.

Good luck.
Aaron G.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top