Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have that combination on my front right now.

Bought a set of Juicy's 7 in 185mm. My old brakes were BB7 160mm.

slapped on the Juicy lever and caliper but used the old 160mm mounting adaptor on the caliper and left on the front 160mm rotor. Oh, I used the old brake pads too.

Worked like a charm! No break in period and no noise.

I wanted to see if there's a difference in power so I ran the 160mm size rotor on purpose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ahimanic said:

slapped on the Juicy lever and caliper but used the old 160mm mounting adaptor on the caliper and left on the front 160mm rotor. Oh, I used the old brake pads too.

I wanted to see if there's a difference in power so I ran the 160mm size rotor on purpose.
was there a great increase with the hydro's?

·
Registered
12 Posts
ahimanic said:

·
Registered
727 Posts
davidecan said:
You know, I want to say yes but I have to reserve judgment.

I've only taken one ride with the combination so far and I didn't feel that much difference. I need to give it more time and see. Although I'm using broken-in pads and rotor there still may be a bed-in process that needs to take place if the caliper was not in the exact original alignment.

Another factor is I run the pad contact pretty far out so I can keep my finger on the brake lever while I ride without rubbing the rotor. More power may be felt if I decrease the contact distance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.