Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slow Goat....
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mate a Juicy 5 with Sram Attack using the Matchmaker. How much weight savings not to mention the non clutter of the handlebar. Has anyone done this?

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Than you don't have the weight weenie bug bad enough. Changing out perfectly good parts for really expensive, slightly lighter parts is their favorite thing to do.

·
Registered
219 Posts
In case anyone has Avid Juicy Ultimates and X.0 trigger shifters, switching to a matchmaker setup actually ADDS 1g - sad but true. I brought the setup to the post office this spring to compare, as I don't have my own scale.

Therefore, I naturally kept the more cluttered setup.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
~ScaryFast~ said:
In case anyone has Avid Juicy Ultimates and X.0 trigger shifters, switching to a matchmaker setup actually ADDS 1g - sad but true. I brought the setup to the post office this spring to compare, as I don't have my own scale.

Therefore, I naturally kept the more cluttered setup.
REALLY? over ONE gram?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hand/of/Midas said:
REALLY? over ONE gram?
Haha, but not only is it 1 g, but it is a MSRP CAN$30 spent to gain 1g of weight.....and also in terms of practicality, if you break it in a race, that's both the brake and shifter gone. Also while it is a well thought out idea in terms of ability to position the brake and shifter relative to each other, I couldn't quite get things exactly the way I wanted.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I weighed my matchmaker setup VS independant clamp setup (Juicy Ultimate and XO triggers) and the weight was the exact same on mine.

For me its the improved fit on the bar and ergonomics that warrants using them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.