Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Flip03
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i run avid juicy 7 with the big 203 rotor as a serious dh brake? The calliper looks a little small but all the reports i have seen give them a great review(all be it for xc use).

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I have juicy 5's the same caliper, and master cyclender and what not, it use for DH, really really good brake. I love the levers, and they blew my hayes 9's away for all day DH runs, i say go for it you wont be disapointed.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
you bet...the 203 rotos gives you amazing stopping power! I use 160's on my smaller bikes (e.g. trail, DS, DJ) and 203's on my bigger bikes (DH, FR). Give em' a try - you won't be disappointed!

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,986 Posts
that is a clean photo...oh yeah absolutely

Acadian said:
you bet...the 203 rotos gives you amazing stopping power! I use 160's on my smaller bikes (e.g. trail, DS, DJ) and 203's on my bigger bikes (DH, FR). Give em' a try - you won't be disappointed!

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
The Juicy's are a very powerfull brake with a good range of modulation. I run the Juicy 7's with Dual 203mm rotors. I couldn't be happier...the brakes have a LOT of power...are virtually maintanince free...and have a quick adjusment.

Do yourself a favor and buy a good brakeset like the Juicy 7's. Good brakes make you faster.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I can honestly say the Juicy's are the best brakes I've ever used, bar none. Just such a good combo of everything in one neat little package...

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
They're amazing brakes. I wish I could afford a set. They work great with 203mm rotors. Lots of modulation. The little knob is nice, but if you don't have the cash, just go with the Juicy 5 instead. Totally identical, just minus the knob for pad contact.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
i hafe the juicy7 203 on Marzocchi 888 rcx2 with red ebc pads i hafe testet others pads but this pads works fine.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Those brakes rule, I've got an 8" and a 6" on my enduro and they're phenomenal, I need to try some other pads though because mine make a ton of noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts