Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have Juicy 3s and when I adjust the reach in a couple of mm the brakes also seem to engage closer to the handlebars. I tried resetting the caliper with the reach further in, but this did not seem to help.

Can I bring in the reach without bringing in the engagement point or do i need to pony up for better brakes with avid's "contact point adjustability"?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
383 Posts
Paul1977 said:
You can adjust this on juicy's by removing the wheel and applying the brake. This will make the pistons come out a little further, altering the point in the lever stroke where they contact.
Can anyone else verify this method? (No offense Paul1977). My bike has Juicy 3's, and I've been having the same issue (lots of freeplay in the brake lever). When I bought the bike, my LBS told me specifically to NOT pull the brake lever with the wheel removed, as the calipers would close and I would have to bring the bike in to have them use a "special tool" (maybe a screwdriver?!?!) to separate the pads. Comments?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.