Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I wonder if I can ask for some help. I have shortened my hydro cables before but never lengthened. I have a new frame and an avid juicy hydro cable kit. Does the banjo simply bolt on to the caliper end or is there more to it? The new cable comes with the banjo attached. I cant find anything about this. Any and all help appreciated; thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any tips on getting the ports in the caliper bolt and the port in the banjo to line up? Upon re-installation I marked the port location on the outside of the bolt so I could line them up and it just won't go. Or, if it is lined up it is not allowing fluid to flow through the system between the banjo and the caliper.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Any tips on getting the ports in the caliper bolt and the port in the banjo to line up?
It shoudln't matter. If you have the original washers correctly in place, the fluid should flow as it is intended to. The inside of the banjo will be recessed, as will the port on the bolt, to allow fluid to flow 360 deg. around the banjo bolt. The fluid is then pushed out of the bottom of the bolt and into the caliper.

Now that you've opened the system, have you also bled it? It's more likely that any problems you're having with getting pressure to the pistons is down to air in the system.

By the way: hoses, not cables, carry fluids. Hydraulic brakes do not use cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.