Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
dogonfr said:
Not necessarily. I got '08's for $120. But there's no reason to pay more for the 08's though.....maybe within $5-10 I would, but there really isn't any practical difference.

I suspect the 08's should start to get cheaper too....since Avid already announced the release of the Elixir next year.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
ddraewwg said:
Not necessarily. I got '08's for $120. But there's no reason to pay more for the 08's though.....maybe within $5-10 I would, but there really isn't any practical difference.

I suspect the 08's should start to get cheaper too....since Avid already announced the release of the Elixir next year.
I was to lazy to go back & correct !! to ?? now I have to write more. :thumbsup::madman:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ddraewwg said:

where did you get the 08s for 120?

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
dogonfr said:
I was to lazy to go back & correct !! to ?? now I have to write more. :thumbsup::madman:
Wasn't harping on you....sorry for making you "write" more. I know how annoying the keyboard is. :D :thumbsup:

where did you get the 08s for 120?
I did a quick search on Speedgoat: http://www.speedgoat.com/productB.asp?part=129379&cat=26&brand=16 $130 but no tax (assuming you're not in PA). So it's not $120 but prices fluctuate. The point is that you can find them for about the same price as 07's so get the 08's if $10-15 doesn't bother you. I didn't bother to search other sites so I'm sure you can find something close to $120ish.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
aaron04 said:
Dont the 07's have a plastic adjusting knob versus the anodized aluminum on the 08's?
No, 06 version have plastic knobs. Also have the split handlebar clamps (don't need to remove grips) and work with match maker to join it to SRAM shifters.
My guess is that 07 to 08 is pretty similar (maybe they shaved 20g or so)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.