Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is about brakes in the FR/DH forum, but i wnat DH/FR opinions and this gets more views.

i want to know peoples opinions on Avid Juicy 7 or Hayes El camino, just personal expiernces and which they like better and why and jsut an overview of them......to help me chose

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
Do not get juicy's. I can't say anything about the El C's but I know I hate the juice. Too grabby
Hmmm....not sure your experience with them...
But having never ridden hydro's...only Avid Mech's for 4 years, my wife was given a race bike to ride at Sea Otter, and did 38 miles on the Juicy's. She like them alot and mentioned only that they felt "smoother" than the Mech's. It seems grabbyness would have showed up.

I think you could have set yours up wrong?

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
i just got a totally pimped demo 8 built like 3 months ago, and on a whim put juicy's on it. They have to be one of my all time favorite components, right up there with Fox 40, Five.Ten Impacts, hadleys, and ODI lockons. The have great modulation, the sterling factor, and have more than enough power. People who ride hayes almost die at first because they are not on/off and they pull too hard...... Yeah, honestly I can't recommend them enough. Good stuff! :cool:

PS they juicy fives would be great, cool looks and less expensive.

·
Registered
819 Posts
when your not downhilling or constantly using the brakes, can u feel a difference between the 6 7 and 8 and rotors on the juicys?

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
i have juicy 5s on my bike and they are amazing if u know how to modulate your brakes they work very well hayes are the kind of brake that are on and off not the juicy's... ps im using 203 mm rotors and they work great!

i had hayes mags on my bike and they where like a light switch they where either locked or not in use...also had to be rebled 5 times last season... not a verygood track record in my books...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.