Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
avid juicy 7 - help me bling them (polishing)

Ok,
I have a pair of avi juicy 7's and i want to make them as pimp as i possibly can.

So far i have added full titanium and aluminium hardware, Aluminium rotors and Titanium rotor bolts. goodridge lines have also been installed.

I am currently having some custom levers machined for me by a friend (helps him having a cnc machine at his work :) ) and i also wouldnt mind investigating if he can also make me some alluminium adjusters (to replace the red plastic ones and metal ones).

The only other thing i want to do is have them high polished in bling silver, or have them annodized in either black or silver.

If i were to have them polished, would i need to clear coat them to stop corrosion ? if so what does anyone reccomend ? (i know people polish their hayes mag lever bodies, what do you guy's use ?)
And if i were to go about anodizing them, Is this possible .
I will also be doing the same to the calipers :cool:

Any help on those two questions would be great,
Thanks
- - - - - Adam - - - - -

·
Registered
29 Posts
caballero said:
Ok,
I have a pair of avi juicy 7's and i want to make them as pimp as i possibly can.

So far i have added full titanium and aluminium hardware, Aluminium rotors and Titanium rotor bolts. goodridge lines have also been installed.

I am currently having some custom levers machined for me by a friend (helps him having a cnc machine at his work :) ) and i also wouldnt mind investigating if he can also make me some alluminium adjusters (to replace the red plastic ones and metal ones).

The only other thing i want to do is have them high polished in bling silver, or have them annodized in either black or silver.

If i were to have them polished, would i need to clear coat them to stop corrosion ? if so what does anyone reccomend ? (i know people polish their hayes mag lever bodies, what do you guy's use ?)

Thanks
- - - - - Adam - - - - -
Aluminum doesn't rust, and so far my polished aluminum levers are shiny and neat..
I doubt you'd be able to anodize the calipers?
and Paaleese, it's not bling unless it's golden!

·
Binge Rider
221 Posts
About Goodridge & AVIDs

Hey, I am thinking about putting Goodridge lines on my Juciy 7's. Can you send me a pic of yours so I can gedt a feel for what it looks like? Thanks-
T-Duck

caballero said:
Ok,

Thanks
- - - - - Adam - - - - -

·
Registered
59 Posts
What about anodizing the rotors? I always wondered if it would work. Has anyone tried it?

Anodize all the accent pieces like a "Works" motocross bike.

Check the attachment maybe that'll give you some Inspiration

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Drop the Al rotors and get some Hope personalized rotors. They might even make you some personalized rotors out of their semi-floating rotors.

Black anodizing on the caliper and levers should be good.

The knobs could be easily replaced by anodized machined parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.