Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the pad contact knob turns opposite to the arrow on the handle to increase pad contact. This is the rear brake lever, the arrow points clock wise, while the knob must be turned counter clockwise in order to increase contact. In other words, if I turn the contact knob as indicated by the arrow the lever will touch the grip, if I turn it opposite of the arrow, the lever moves out.
The front brake works opposite. Is this normal? Did my lever come with the arrow pointing the wrong way? Thanks! A.H.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Avid and the very fast talking woman I spoke with said it was impossible, that's strange? It happened to mine. Anyway, I think I figured it out, The lever reach adjustment was turned all the way in and somehow it was affecting the way the contact knob was working. I turned it out and it started working correctly.
By the way, the levers are ambidextrous, they are actually identical. the only difference is the side the knob is mounted on, if you turn the levers over they are exactly the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.