Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently debating between getting a Trek Fuel EX8 or an EX9. I know there are quite a few differences between them but one of the differences is the breaks. Elixir's on the EX9 and Juicy 5's on the EX8. I currently own a 2007 EX8 with Juicy 5's and I like them a lot, but I was wondering what you guys thought of the Elixir's.

Thanks!

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
YoungGun91 said:
I am currently debating between getting a Trek Fuel EX8 or an EX9. I know there are quite a few differences between them but one of the differences is the breaks. Elixir's on the EX9 and Juicy 5's on the EX8. I currently own a 2007 EX8 with Juicy 5's and I like them a lot, but I was wondering what you guys thought of the Elixir's.

Thanks!
The elixrs are amazing. Ran them on a friends bike for 3 weeks and I loved them. Had the J5s on my personal ride (used to have hopes but the bling needed to go to make room for a new ride LOL). The Elixrs CR and Rs are both fantastic brakes. I don't fiddle with contact point etc so the Rs are what I have now. And as you know the J5s are a solid performing brake....but the Elixrs have more power and better control than the Js.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just rode my bike with Elixr CR today for the first time. I am really excited to ride them on some real trails. They feel great and are powerful. I'll post up a review in a couple of weeks when the snow goes away!

·
Registered
62 Posts
leggatt said:
I just rode my bike with Elixr CR today for the first time. I am really excited to ride them on some real trails. They feel great and are powerful. I'll post up a review in a couple of weeks when the snow goes away!
^Yeah what he said, the elixirs are great brakes. Far better than any other hydro I've tried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.