Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

Some help would be appreciated. My new forks have, Totems, have a post mount whereas my old ones which my current brakes are fiited to are IS mount. Now the current set up is a IS mount Elixir R in 203mm. Does anyone know which adapter is needed to mount the brakes on the new forks? I notice that within the box an adpater is included but not sure if that is a Boxxer mount or something that I can use here as a solution?

Most shops seem to be selling post to IS not IS to post mount adapters so I'm slightly confused.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes that is what the caliper looks like less all the mounting hardware and adapters. So it looks like I can just purchase one of the mounts in the link enclosed and remount the caliper and hardware, washers bolts etc and bolt the whole thing to the new forks.

Thanks for your help, I hope they ship to the UK!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Doesn't the totem have a direct post mount for 203mm rotors? I know an older (2007) totem had this type of post mount just take the caliper and cps washer stack and bolt it right on the fork, no adapter needed. I was not able to confirm this on the sram website for the current model year.

Not sure if your fork is the same, but before you drop the cash you should try it out.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
le chat said:
Thanks for the responses guys. One of those adapters came with my brakes so I can try that first. Eitherway I think you've both resolved my question!

Leo
Slider is saying that you may not need an adapter at all, and you may be able to bolt that caliper to the fork directly - no adapter, just the bolts and cps washers. This could be the case, as I'm not really up on big travel bikes - more of a XC guy. To check this, simply bolt the caliper to the fork and install the wheel w/rotor, to see if the rotor will work with no adapter.

I dug around on the SRAM site a little bit as well, and couldn't confirm if an adapter is needed or not for the 203mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.