Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so the Elixir R's come on my spec enduro but I was wondering if I could just swap out the levers to the CR to take advantage of the adjustability they offer, anyone know if it's a straight swap? thanks.

686 Posts
Yup, you can.
It wouldnt be hard to do, you'll need to bleed the brake and replace the compression fitting on the end of the hose (included in the avid bleed kit) so buying the bleed kit is a must.

Literally just unscrew the lever assembeley, replace compression olive, put new lever assembeley on and bleed.

When i bled my CR's, i found that unscrewing the contact point adjustment all the way (instructions say screw it in all the way) helped me get the lever bite as sharp as i liked. Doing this overfills the system, but you can then just undo one of the bleed port screws to let out the amount of fluid you want. Doing it the avid way, I found it difficult to get the system completely full, so I had to pull the lever further than I liked.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.