Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
surely the G3 rotor will be retrofittable to Juicy setups, no?

(i'd eventually like to get Elixir CR's, but might switch to G3's if possible with my J5's until I can scratch up the coin for CR's...)

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Anyone know if the Elixir CR comes with rotors and mounting brackets, and whether you can buy just the caliper/hose/lever assembly? (i'm thinking if i could just keep my Juicy rotors and brackets, might be less costly to upgrade, assuming that's even possible)

cheers

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
well REI.com has the J7's and J5's discounted pretty good right now (although only the 160mm)... probably to make room for the Elixir...

but no sign yet of the Elixirs on rei.com

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
cool - must have been added after I checked... oh, but wait... they mispelled it as "Elixer" and i was searching for "Elixir"...

now... we need someone to get these to offer some feedback... :)

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
take this for what it's worth, but there is a little note on the bikemag site regarding these brakes:

Posted Mon Jul21, 2008, 3:55 PM - By adam
got to ride these for a bit up at whistler last week - better modulation than juicy 7s and not as grabby as other avid brakes or the new saint - but over all they still had that irritating avid piston osculation that vibrated the frame and fork.

i had the 'turkey gobble' issue on my J7's and have cured it, but this comment doesn't sound great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.