Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m working on a buddy’s bike and noticed the caliper was leaking a bit, tore it off and there was fluid from inside the piston. I’ve usually noticed leaks from the outside but never from the inside. What’s the fix here?

Thanks, Jacob

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
Leaks from inside the piston like it’s cracked or like there’s a seal around the piston leaking? You can buy seal kits for Elixers but honestly, you may be best off just replacing them. Elixers have a terrible reputation that may or may not be altogether deserved, but once they’re a problem they basically aren’t worth messing with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leaks from inside the piston like it's cracked or like there's a seal around the piston leaking? You can buy seal kits for Elixers but honestly, you may be best off just replacing them. Elixers have a terrible reputation that may or may not be altogether deserved, but once they're a problem they basically aren't worth messing with.
From the center of the piston (inside). And it has to be cracked for fluid to be coming out there right? I'll take it apart and see whats going on and see if I can post some pictures.

Thanks for the advice I'll look deeper tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.