Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I think that someone can help me with the problem that I have.
The lever of the front brake comes back very slowly.
In this video it is possible to see the problem.

I bleed the break several times and do not obtain solution.

Where si the problem ??? :madman:

Thank you

·
Registered
938 Posts
Mine do that sometimes too, take of the lever blade and clean everything and also the lever blade pivot bolt is really finiky about how tight it is so try backing it off just a tiny bit.

·
Professional Troll
2,713 Posts
Check to make sure your hose isn't pinched or kinked somewhere. That's what's cause it in the past for me on my codes.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
tight lever blade

jamesdc said:
Mine do that sometimes too, take of the lever blade and clean everything and also the lever blade pivot bolt is really finiky about how tight it is so try backing it off just a tiny bit.
I agree...loosen the lever bolt just a smidge...
lever should snap back nice.

Those look very clean, I wouldn't even bother taking them apart....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also try making sure the red pad adjust knob isn't max'ed out in travel either direction. Mine was, unintentionally, and my front brake lever would move slow, as though the hairpin lever return spring was broken (the lever would still return enough to release the brake, but the lever would not snap back out).

·
Registered
769 Posts
those things are so odd sometimes. I had one that did that, so i rebled it, made sure the lines weren't kinked, messed with the lever, and made sure the red knob wasn't max'ed out...so i just rode it and 2 rides later the lever just pulled out and took the internals with it. sram warrantied it, so i fixed it by breaking it

·
Brooklyn Bike Rider
78 Posts
Happens a lot with me. In most cases backing out on the lever bolt as freeriderB described works.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,005 Posts
simple solution....take them off bike and throw away...replace with Saints

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
simple solution....take them off bike and throw away...replace with Saints
Really it´s a very good idea !!!
Ok, I throw away my Codes and you send me Saints.

Please write in the box, " IT´S A GIFT" :D :D :D

Note. I can send my address in a private message. :thumbsup:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,005 Posts
Mantekka said:
Really it´s a very good idea !!!
Ok, I throw away my Codes and you send me Saints.

Please write in the box, " IT´S A GIFT" :D :D :D

Note. I can send my address in a private message. :thumbsup:
anything to help...pm sent

·
mucho aggro
209 Posts
my just started doing the same thing *yesterday* - doesn't seem to effect braking, just lever feel. I'll try the bolt thing. Funny thing is, just last ride they were FINE!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I just had to rebuild a master cyl yesterday for the same problem. I checked all the bolts and hardware first, no dice. So I pulled the piston out and cleaned everything out really good. Tried to re-use the seals because there was no visible damage or wear. It was still sticky. I ended up having to through new seals and the teflon spacer behind the front seal in.

Feels great now.... until next time.

·
mucho aggro
209 Posts
Damn! These codes are like 4 months old and have so little use on them it's not even funny....clean too!

i'll look at the lever here at lunch break...if that's a nova, i'm calling SRAM to raise hell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just gone through this with my codes. The bushing seal in the caliper, directly behind the c-clip that holds the piston into the lever body was damaged causing terribly slow lever return.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, it appeared that the pad contact screw was rubbing the bushing and thus chewed it up. Possibly from having the screw maxed out..... Waiting on parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rollertoaster said:
I just had to rebuild a master cyl yesterday for the same problem. I checked all the bolts and hardware first, no dice. So I pulled the piston out and cleaned everything out really good. Tried to re-use the seals because there was no visible damage or wear. It was still sticky. I ended up having to through new seals and the teflon spacer behind the front seal in.

Feels great now.... until next time.
Exactly!
I did the same thing. I disarmed and saw that the piston was moving very slowly.
As if the spring not to push towards out the piston.
I cleaned all the pieces, returned to mount everything and work!!
I did not change the seals, because I do not have them. My brakes have alone 3 months, the seals cannot be wrong yet! No?

I have verified it in my favorite trails and work perfectly!!! :thumbsup:

Now, a friend, says that hisCode, they have the same problem.
This weekend, I am going to dismantle and see them if I have equal luck. :cornut:

Thanks you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts