Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Xtremely Moderate
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a dumb question that I think I already know the answer to, but somebody please verify:

Am I correct in assuming that the only difference between the different sizes (160 185 200 mm) of Avid brakes (both juicy & mech) is the hangers and the rotors?

The brake body is the same, right?

The reason that I ask is that I've found some deals on Juicy 7 160mm's but I want 185mm's.

I've got xtra 185mm rotors already, so then I would just need to buy the 185mm hangers. Right?
 

·
Freshly Fujified
Joined
·
8,199 Posts
I believe you are correct.

The calipers are the same for all three sizes. You should be able to change the mounting brackets and rotor sizes and you're good to go.

Clyde
 

·
I lean like a cholo!
Joined
·
452 Posts
yep

e[I said:
o]Here's a dumb question that I think I already know the answer to, but somebody please verify:

Am I correct in assuming that the only difference between the different sizes (160 185 200 mm) of Avid brakes (both juicy & mech) is the hangers and the rotors?

The brake body is the same, right?

The reason that I ask is that I've found some deals on Juicy 7 160mm's but I want 185mm's.

I've got xtra 185mm rotors already, so then I would just need to buy the 185mm hangers. Right?
Yep they are the same bodies, need a new rotor and adapter.

There's only one thing I can do mamma, I gotta ding a ding dang, my dang a long ling long!
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
Evil Con-fecal said:
Yep they are the same bodies, need a new rotor and adapter.

There's only one thing I can do mamma, I gotta ding a ding dang, my dang a long ling long!
your in luck...just change the adapters and rotors...everything else is the same....lucky you
 

·
Xtremely Moderate
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought..........Thanks boyz!

Evil Con, howz your "issue" going? PM me.






Jesus built my bike
It’s a love affair
Mainly jesus and my bike
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
EIO...you are lucky we didn't flame you....next time you throw a big fat slow softball...we are going to hit it out of the park
 

·
Xtremely Moderate
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
EIO...you are lucky we didn't flame you....next time you throw a big fat slow softball...we are going to hit it out of the park
Hey man, I laid my disclaimer "Here is a dumb question..........". :p :p :p :p :p :p

I was just making sure I wasn't missing something here. I would've felt even dumber if I bought the brakes and ran into a problem.

Flame if you like......I'm a big boy I can take it.......just leave my mother out of this.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
e[I said:
o]Hey man, I laid my disclaimer "Here is a dumb question..........". :p :p :p :p :p :p

I was just making sure I wasn't missing something here. I would've felt even dumber if I bought the brakes and ran into a problem.

Flame if you like......I'm a big boy I can take it.......just leave my mother out of this.
you big [email protected]$$...you forgot about your wife too
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
e[I said:
o]Eh, I don't worry about her.......she can hold her own and she'd fo sho eff you up bad old man. :p
I am so sick and tired of girls beating my @$$ up....it started w/my sisters then..............
 

·
Xtremely Moderate
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
oh yeah..been doing steroids and telling the chicks never again
Stop dating broads like this:



and you won't have that man-beotch problem.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top