Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just was doing the LAST THING on installing my new WB Fluid 130 fork and was brought to a screeching halt when I found that my Avid BB7 disc brake adaptor, when bolted up to the inside of the fork's brake tabs, does not line up the caliper with the brake rotor. Sure, the bolts go thru the fork tabs and screw into the brake adaptor, but the fork tabs are way too far away (outboard) from the disc rotor for the brake caliper to drop onto the rotor. Like over 5mm too far away with the caliper slid as far over inboard as it's positioning system will allow. I would have to put about 7mm worth of spacers between the fork tabs and the Avid brake adaptor to get the caliper to line up with the rotor, not a good idea.

Very strange, as the WB IMV 100 I am replacing had the brake mounting tabs in the exact right place: the caliper's mounting bolts were right in the middle of the slots that allow for inboard/outboard adjustment.

Anyone else have an issue like this with these forks?

29erchico

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
29erchico said:
Just was doing the LAST THING on installing my new WB Fluid 130 fork and was brought to a screeching halt when I found that my Avid BB7 disc brake adaptor does not line up with the disc brake tabs. Sure, the bolts go thru the fork tabs and screw into the brake adaptor, but the fork tabs are way too far away (outboard) from the disc rotor for the brake caliper to drop onto the rotor. Like over 5mm too far away with the caliper slid as far over inboard as it's positioning system will allow.

Very strange, as the WB IMV 100 I am replacing had the brake mounting tabs in the exact right place: the caliper's mounting bolts were right in the slots that allow for inboard/outboard adjustment.

Anyone else have an issue like this with these forks?

29erchico
Is the 130 a 20mm thru axle? Then it's correctly built. The spacing for 20mm TA forks places the rotor 5mm farther away from the tabs on the fork.

You need one of these:
https://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=BR6947

Monte

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...

Yes, it is a 20mm thru axle design. The link Monte posted shows an offset in the correct direction. I guess I'll be shopping all of the LBS's in the AM for a rotor and adaptor.

More braking power than a 185mm rotor??? Not that I really need that as much as I need a front brake that works.

29erchico

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.