Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Speedüb Nate said:
Just a hunch, in the absence of any other info, that it refers to an Avid Ball Bearing disc brake with 7" (i.e. 185mm) rotors?!?
On second thought, I did a little searching, and I see references to the BB5 and the BB7 on a bunch of the '05 stuff. Perhaps we finally have out "light" Avid disc?

I see references on Bike Friday's site of 320g, but no BB5 to compare to (and we all know how notoriously wacky the Avid disc weights get what with adapters, levers, etc. Hmmm... Anyone got more info?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Speedüb Nate said:
On second thought, I did a little searching, and I see references to the BB5 and the BB7 on a bunch of the '05 stuff. Perhaps we finally have out "light" Avid disc?

I see references on Bike Friday's site of 320g, but no BB5 to compare to (and we all know how notoriously wacky the Avid disc weights get what with adapters, levers, etc. Hmmm... Anyone got more info?
any info from avid insiders?? C'mon Nate I know you can push some buttons here and there...

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,383 Posts
sinned_1 said:
Seen this speced on a 05 C-Dale. Anybody got any info?
I was looking for any info on a possible Mech Lite... The web site has the "5" and "7" up now. The 5 is entry level, and the 7 looks like the one we know and love.

http://www.sram.com/en/avid/index_content.php

I'd love to drop a 1/4 to 1/2 pound from the current setup, but still waiting for the "9" I guess.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
The BB5 could be weighing a bit less. It has no outer adjustment knob and even if it has a barrel adjuster it should be loosing some moving parts inside. Pads are different too but I can't tell if that is good or bad.

If any wieght is saved, it will not be much.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Speed�b Nate said:

The Avid BB5 has no adjustment for the inside pad, the BB7 does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts