Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a parts supplier has 2010 avid bb7 brake kit on sale for $46 and the 2011 avid bb7 on sale for $77.

Not being too savvy, I'm thinking why not just buy the 2010 model. But before I did I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if there were huge improvements in performance, weight, reliability from 2010 to 2011. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

·
Braille Riding Instructor
1,146 Posts
JensonUSA offers the 2010 model with G2 Clean Sweep rotors; Price Point does not. Both offer G2 rotors for the 2011 models.

I recently purchased and installed a 2010 Avid BB7 w/ 185mm G2 rotor. Great deal and a nice upgrade from the Avid BB5 w/ 160mm Roundagon that came stock on my hardtail.

If only I could afford a better fork ...

·
Registered
105 Posts
hdparrish said:
JensonUSA offers the 2010 model with G2 Clean Sweep rotors; Price Point does not. Both offer G2 rotors for the 2011 models.

I recently purchased and installed a 2010 Avid BB7 w/ 185mm G2 rotor. Great deal and a nice upgrade from the Avid BB5 w/ 160mm Roundagon that came stock on my hardtail.

If only I could afford a better fork ...
Did the kit come with a 185mm post to post adaptor and two I.S. adaptors?

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
the bb7 hasn't changed much over the last 5 years. clean sweep is much better than roundagon, tho.

·
Registered
468 Posts
cleansweep is better, but it seems about 75% of the cleansweep rotors i've seen, new out of box, have been warped, so they have to be trued after you put them on your bike. i have rarely seen the roundagon have this problem (even though they are the ugliest rotors ever)/

you should get the 2010s and save the money, maybe upgrade your levers with the money you saved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.