Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new wheels and decided to go with new rotors this time as well, so I'm switching from my old roundogons to the Clean Sweep G2's. Anybody have comments on the clean sweep G2's? Anybody done the same swap?

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Nothing to it....

The G2's are usually quieter and they resist heat fade better than the roudagons. Just install per the insuructions and your done. You'll likely have to recneter the caliper but that's not a big deal nor uncommon. Even using the same rotors and caliper with new wheels usually requires a recenter the first time they're installed, even if the new wheels have the same brand and model of hub. I've never had two sets of disc hubs that positioned the rotor exactly the same.

Other than that there shouldn't be any problem at all.

Good Dirt

·
Mud lover
119 Posts
Yep, I just upgraded my BB7 Roundagons to the Clean Sweeps.

I get less fade now on the front (but that could also be because I changed it to a 180mm rotor from the original 160)

My brakes still squeal though, despite the new rotors and scuffing the pads! Its odd because when I first installed them they didn't squeal. Now they do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For some reason my roundogons never actually squealed except for when they were brand new. They've been silent ever since. I hope this is the case with the clean sweeps. I run a 185mm rotor up front and a 160mm on the back. btw, does anybody know the thread spec for the disc to hub bolts? I'm not sure that they'll come with the new rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.