Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Average is about 69 degrees

I like a slack head angle to give better downhill control.
The downside your cornering is slower on tight and very twisty tracks, I can live with that.

I think cross country bikes are 70-71 degrees.Freeride bikes are around 67-68.Most AM is 69. Check the frame geometry as that depends on the fork travel the frame recommended for.

Amazing that there is only a few degrees difference! But combine forks short stem etc to give a different ride.

Good riding

·
Paste eater
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flyingkiwi said:
I like a slack head angle to give better downhill control.
The downside your cornering is slower on tight and very twisty tracks, I can live with that.

I think cross country bikes are 70-71 degrees.Freeride bikes are around 67-68.Most AM is 69. Check the frame geometry as that depends on the fork travel the frame recommended for.

Amazing that there is only a few degrees difference! But combine forks short stem etc to give a different ride.

Good riding
My jamis is 68.5 3/4, seems just perfect except on UBER steep climbs -- but I can grunt through those. Just curious what others ride...

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Yeah, about 69 degrees. That was my ultimate setup on my 5in bike. Right now I am on about 67deg trail bike and it makes tech uphills more effortless as the front wheel is just waiting for a nod to pop off the ground, and the smooth uphills require only a slight weight shift forward. The real reward comes on fast downs.

_MK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.