Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my avy shock and cartridge today. It's all installed and I just got done giving it a little test at oaks. I must say this is the best 685 dollars I've spent. The rear shock is a dhx air 5.0 that got the SSD tune and it is awesome. It's really supple and stays high in its travel. I'm not blowing through the travel like I did with my rp23. There's no more propedal, but climbs better than the rp23. I'm getting more traction and way better small bump compliance. The progression/ramp up on it is amazing. I'm not bottoming out on drops and it feels bottomless. Now the fork feels a lot better too. It's still a bit harsh but I haven't messed with the LSC and I might have put too much oil in. With that being said, this cartridge is money. It is also supple and when the speed gets up it performs even better. I'm probably sounding repetitive, but I can't describe it any other way. I'm just floating over rocks and bumps. The mid valve on it is awesome. It really controls brake dive well. Craig is an awesome guy to deal with and his tune is exactly what I wanted. I couldn't be happier. I'll update once I get more time on it.

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,466 Posts
So I got my avy shock and cartridge today. It's all installed and I just got done giving it a little test at oaks. I must say this is the best 685 dollars I've spent. The rear shock is a dhx air 5.0 that got the SSD tune and it is awesome. It's really supple and stays high in its travel. I'm not blowing through the travel like I did with my rp23. There's no more propedal, but climbs better than the rp23. I'm getting more traction and way better small bump compliance. The progression/ramp up on it is amazing. I'm not bottoming out on drops and it feels bottomless. Now the fork feels a lot better too. It's still a bit harsh but I haven't messed with the LSC and I might have put too much oil in. With that being said, this cartridge is money. It is also supple and when the speed gets up it performs even better. I'm probably sounding repetitive, but I can't describe it any other way. I'm just floating over rocks and bumps. The mid valve on it is awesome. It really controls brake dive well. Craig is an awesome guy to deal with and his tune is exactly what I wanted. I couldn't be happier. I'll update once I get more time on it.
Same set-up I have on my Knolly Chilcotin kriller134. Give them some time to break in and they get even better.
I usually run my fork only 2-3 clicks from wide open as the mid-valve keeps the fork up in travel as you already know.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.