Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year, I sacrificed my 2001 Avalanche 2.0, taking all the parts off of it to build my Santa Cruz Bullit. I got the Bullit frame cheap... what can I say... it's a great bike.

Anyway, my Avalanche frame is just so sweet, I don't think I could sell it. I still have my Z2 race fork for it too. I'm considering doing a light build up on this frame- V-brakes, tires that aren't so crazy, rims a bit lighter, etc. I'm just wondering if it's worth it. The frame seems pretty light, and hopefully I can get some deals at my LBS (he just bought another bike shops worth of parts, good deals) and perhaps I can have a great A/M bike as well as a nice hardtail. Previously, built up, this bike was 31 lbs. I'm hoping to get it down to perhaps 25 lbs.

Anyway, just rambling on. ...

Clay

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,439 Posts
It would be good to have a light hardtail too. One of my buddies bought a closeout 2005 bike with XT etc on it (way too big in the frame) and is putting all the kit on a chromo Zion hardtail to supplement his GT I Drive. Ebay can also be your friend when it comes to parts. I'm building a Tomac hardtail frame up at the mo and it's going real cheap.

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"It has begun"

My LBS had a set of Wienmann 519 rims for me- $90. He says to bring the bike in, and he'll help me put it back together, espically because of the vintage of this frame- it's one of the really good ones ;)

Clay

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting set up some more. Avid digit brakes / levers :) Shimano hollowtech cranks... Deore LX front derailler. Not sure what is going to end up in the rear yet. Not sure on seat either. I'm hoping to get something fairly comfortable; I might be riding to work (10 miles each way) on this bike. Coming together, one piece at a time :)

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting more together. So far, seems pretty lightweight too!
Avid SD 5 brakes
Avid FR levers
Shimano hollowtech cranks

Still need shifters, grips, chain, and rear casette/ derailler. I will probably end up with some different tires too- it's got Gazallodi Dual tires on it now, but they are heavy & tough as nails. Maybe some Panaracer FireXC tires :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.