Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I remember that Fox and or RS had a one year deal with Fisher that their G2 Forks were only going to be available on Fisher bikes for the first year and then after that they were going to become available aftermarket.
It seems that the G2 bikes have been around for about a year now, so does anyone know if the forks are going to be released to the rest of us?
I'm about to build a custom bike and I'd like to build it around a G2 fork.
Thanks in Advance
J

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just finished building a custom frame around a G2 fork. I took mine off a Fisher bike.
It don't really matter if they would be aftermarket or not, the new RS Reba for example has a 46mm offset (as opposed to 38 on older models if I remmeber correctly), so actually the differance between 46mm and 51 (g2) ain't so big.

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
Hi there,

They aren't available aftermarket yet...

But every now and then Brand new G2 F29's turn op on Ebay. As a matter of fact, i recently bought one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2009-Fox-F29-RL-80mm-Suspension-Fork-G2-Offset_W0QQitemZ190273180535QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item190273180535&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
for a in incredible price (partially due to the low dollar though). It got delivered from Taiwan to Holland in five days :D

·
Plastic homer
592 Posts
John Jencks said:
Thanks everyone for all the offers, does anyone know if there's a possibility of a 120mm G2 fork?
Maybe, if they make a 29er Roscoe...otherwise, probably not a businesss case for it. HiFi with 120 probably won't make it to market - and I'm beginning to see why. HiFi is a great, light FS XC bike.

I'm starting to see, with the help of the forum, that failing a 29er Roscoe, or, at least, with ABP, I need to start shopping Lunchbox or WFO for AM adventures.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
PizzaMan said:
I just finished building a custom frame around a G2 fork. I took mine off a Fisher bike.
It don't really matter if they would be aftermarket or not, the new RS Reba for example has a 46mm offset (as opposed to 38 on older models if I remmeber correctly), so actually the differance between 46mm and 51 (g2) ain't so big.
I have not heard anything that would indicate that any of the fork manufacturers are interested in putting a 51mm offset fork out there. I think 46mm is going to be, (already has become? ) the defacto offset for 29"ers from this point forward.

The industry is going to be super cautious in these times and standardizaton will be sought out in an effort to cut costs. I just do not see 51mm on anything but Fisher OE bikes, but I could be wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.