Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to oz for a surf holiday and would be down for some sick riding. Anyone down for some speed and air the first part of april?

I'm not bringing a bike, just boards, and a wetsuit, and stoke.

Cheers

·
Still learning
876 Posts
You should borrow a bike from someone and do Chase the Sun round 1 at Lysterfield. I think its the weekend of the 8th.

Just an idea.

Uhm, a reasonable question to ask might be WHERE in Australia are you going anyway?

·
singlespeed smash brother
318 Posts
akashra said:
You should borrow a bike from someone and do Chase the Sun round 1 at Lysterfield. I think its the weekend of the 8th.

J
Oh my god! Laps of the CWG track. What are you trying to do bore the guy to death? Why not just invite him to ride melbourne's bike path net work the whole time. That's some fully sik riding.:madman:

If surfing then Bells beach is probably on your radar. In that case ther is awsome riding around Anglesea and the Otways. There is a MTB tour company at the Otways that can suply you with a decent bike. Further north there is the You Yangs. All this is with in an hours drive of the Torquay surf coast.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
Let us know where you’re thinking of heading, and I’m sure some of the gravity orientated riders will be able to point you in the right direction, or hook up for a ride or two. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
shwinboy said:
Oh my god! Laps of the CWG track. What are you trying to do bore the guy to death? Why not just invite him to ride melbourne's bike path net work the whole time. That's some fully sik riding.:madman:
The chase the sun series is at Lysterfield, of which the commonwealth games track is just one part. FGP will be using the entire trail network for the series, so it's going to be anything but boring :).

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers,

I''m Flying into Sydney on the 31st. Very soon thereafter I want to be charging some barrells with my mate Daniel.
I'm sure we'll be mobile so anywhere around the goldie is where we will be at first. Daniel rides too, we grew up thrashing on our beaters all over the place!

I'll be down for the gravity fed riding. We gotta find some good bikes for sure. I would rather not ride some pos if thats all we could dial into. I know rental bikes are usually pretty lame, On the other hand,while visiting the riding meccas of the world,(Moab-Whistler) I have seen sweet rentals.

My xc days are over until i become an old geezer. Sounds like the race is an endurance event?

I love jumping, the more air the better. Technical descents and speed are great too!

What do you guys think?

Rob

·
Registered
356 Posts
i`m going to a surf trip too but i will get at march the goldies then april i will be in Perth and 1 week in Bali just to keep my boards there to till next indo trip. Where are you going in goldie cost?:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.