Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the trails in DFW will never get a chance to dry out. I’m thinking of hitting up Flatrock either Wed or Thr than staying in Austin for the night to check out the trails there. On Fri I’ll drop the wife and kids off at a hotel on the Riverwalk and see what kind of dirt fix I can get in SA till Sun. You guys down there think your trails will be gtg?

Please update this thread before I start shaving my legs and joining the aggro roadie guys riding around white rock lake.

Peace

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
rode flat rock today after the rain and it was fine, madrone at canyon lake should be good in a day or two, and emma long in Austin should be fine-riding there tomorrow. MC Allister will probably be damp or wet for the next 3-4 days but gtg by the weekend if no more rain.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rode flat rock last Friday and no significant rain since. Trails are in great condition. Rain has been insignificant in Austin this week and all good trails open and good to go.

·
Hitching a ride
3,193 Posts
Just check Flat Rock's facebook for trail condition info. Reveille Peak dries quickly, too but their trail map is messed up and their trails are poorly marked.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Im on my way down. Plan is Flatrock and the IMBA epic route in Austin. I may stay an extra day in Austin but will finish the weekend off in SA and check out Government Canyon and some XC trails with some old friends.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hello all, I'm heading out to Austin (from Plano) with some non-MTB friends this weekend and am really hoping to get a ride in. I'll be riding solo.

Was looking at doing Brushy Creek. How does that trail do after some rain? Looks like thunderstorms there on Thursday and some light ones again Friday morning. Was hoping to ride Saturday am, but can ride Sunday am if that's better.

I've been dying to ride since all the trails here in DFW have been essentially closed for months. Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah, Emma is a safe bet. It drains right away. It isn’t supposed to rain much so far though.

If it doesn’t rain much the side trails off the Barton Creek Greenbelt should be good to go. Can hit the trail from downtown. We’ve had so much rain recently though that the. Aim trail might be tough after a rain.

Brushy creek will be a mess if we get any decent rain right now.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
In San Antonio but ride in Austin quite a bit, there was some rain not sure how much though. Flat Rock got about an inch but will be fine by Friday, messed up my plans for today. I am riding canyon park -madron trail at canyon lake which is about 45 minutes south of Austin and it is dry and dusty.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm in Austin. We didn't get hit too badly north of the city. Trails in that direction should be good to go right now. Supposed to get more this evening and overnight, so hoping it stays light as I was planning to get to Spider Mountain tomorrow.

Since I took the day off, we'll probably end up with 4" of rain...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.