Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, we are coming over to aussie end of feb for a couple of weeks and heading towards adelaide.

plan is to spend a couple of days in melrose but have a few days to spare here and there in melbourne and adelaide ... any suggestions on places to ride.

i won't be bringing a bike over so will have to hire one at each location ... thought it would be easier to hire one in melrose for the period we are there rather than cart a bike around for the occasional use over the two weeks

ta
hoogie

· Registered
482 Posts
Yeah Over the Edge in Melrose has plenty of nice bikes for hire. I've been there a couple of times and had a ball, but be aware Bartagunyah was pretty overgrown earlier this year so the trail network is a bit limited unless they've fixed that up.

Plenty to ride in Melbourne as you've probably seen. Lysterfield has bikes for hire on-site at the shop and well-marked tracks of good quality.

Also if you want to ride at Silvan you can hire bikes at the Cog Cafe which is very convenient to the trails.

Have a look here for riding in Adelaide: http://adelaidexctrails.wikidot.com/start
I don't know at what areas you might hire a bike. Lynton is in the middle of suburbia so you might find a nearby bike shop. I did not see any bike shops near Eagle Park.

Best to bring your own shoes, and if they're not SPD's you might want to bring pedals too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.