Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some pics today on a ride close to home in the Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne, AU. Just three of us and it started to get a little drizzly. Lots of skippery logs, which was unique as it's been dry over here for so long.
Not a hugely popular area, but there are some fun trails and I can ride from my back door.

Attachments

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more

I took this a week ago. I quite like the effect.

Attachments

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
I just rode in Australia today! Woodends I think was the name of the place - In all my years of riding, I've never had mud inside my shorts before...

·
Shaman
636 Posts
Thanks for the pics, planning a trip there next Jan. Ah, summer, riding through trees and over logs! In the desert now, no trees no logs but really fun and warm. Cool how the changes of the seasons allow me to avoid burn out by changing up the riding completely. Winter, desert riding, Bootleg Canyon and AZ (Sedona, Phoenix, Tucson), spring and fall high desert, Fruita and Moab then summer in the Rockies and B.C. The places mountain biking takes you are amazing as are the lengths/distance you will travel to ride.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,162 Posts
Love the green man! I would pay to ride under some green covering right now:) Thanks for the tease,

Shawn

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chocolate girl said:
Lovely trails! It's snowing like mad here right now. Nice to see pictures of people riding in shorts and short sleeves. Like the fella's expression on that log crossing picture!
Are bike stands placed strategically like that everywhere in Australia?

Love that picture, Jisch!

There is a railtrail (railway line converted to cycle path) that runs thru town. We ride this to the trailhead. The bike stands were near a cafe and info centre on the trail. They are common enough in some areas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks great guys, similar to my local tracks in the Blue Mountains but less rocky, that'd be nice for a change. Thanks for posting up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts