Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian C. is planning a temporary escape from his new home in New England next week and is going to come down and join us for a ride. The plan is to ride the park on Friday afternoon (if anyone is interested) and then do a shuttle on Saturday at 10:00. The route is the same as two weeks ago: ~2,000 feet of climbing and ~6,000 feet of descending.

If you are interested, please bring a bike that can climb. Also, last time we had an abundence of 20mm forks and not enough Fork Ups so bring as many extra as possible.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
From what I recall from the original ride report some of you guys were on hardtails. If so I would like to hook up and ride with you guys.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
why must you always plan these on days i have to work. I;m gonna try to get off so i can roll with you guys. How bad is the climbing that is involved? Could i get away with a full out dh bike or should i have atleast a 32ring up front?

Thanks

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would suggest a granny

snowskilz said:
why must you always plan these on days i have to work. I;m gonna try to get off so i can roll with you guys. How bad is the climbing that is involved? Could i get away with a full out dh bike or should i have atleast a 32ring up front?

Thanks
I ended up walking quite a bit last time despite my granny but I'm pretty out of shape. If you have XC legs, you will be fine with a 32 ring but a DH bike is out. Besides, there really isn't anything other than the big drop where you would need a DH bike.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
kristian said:
I ended up walking quite a bit last time despite my granny but I'm pretty out of shape. If you have XC legs, you will be fine with a 32 ring but a DH bike is out. Besides, there really isn't anything other than the big drop where you would need a DH bike.
Cool thanks for the quick reply, i should know about noon if i can get off for the ride. I hope i can the pics looked awesome from the last one.

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking about taking my hardtail

FrontRanger said:
From what I recall from the original ride report some of you guys were on hardtails. If so I would like to hook up and ride with you guys.
There isn't anything that can't be ridden on a hardtail, but the trail is very loose and pretty technical. I felt like a dead, wet dog last time climbing on my Bullit so I'm probably going to bring my hardtail this time.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Kristian, I plan on being there. Thks for setting up the ride last time. It was sweet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
kristian said:
Brian C. is planning a temporary escape from his new home in New England next week and is going to come down and join us for a ride. The plan is to ride the park on Friday afternoon (if anyone is interested) and then do a shuttle on Saturday at 10:00. The route is the same as two weeks ago: ~2,000 feet of climbing and ~6,000 feet of descending.

If you are interested, please bring a bike that can climb. Also, last time we had an abundence of 20mm forks and not enough Fork Ups so bring as many extra as possible.
Might be up for the park on Friday. What time you going?

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet.

Scabby Elbowz said:
Might be up for the park on Friday. What time you going?
I'm guessing it will probably be early afternoon before I get off work (11:00) and when Brian has a chance to assemble his bike (plus grabbing lunch). We could give you a call when his bike is ready and meet there.

PM me and we can work something out.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
no luck for me getting work swapped for that weekend. sucky.

what about something similar on the weekend of the 21st? or another lift day? anyone for either of those? or both?

hopefully marz will have my Z-1 back to me by then....... ;)

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lets lift

scrublover said:
no luck for me getting work swapped for that weekend. sucky.

what about something similar on the weekend of the 21st? or another lift day? anyone for either of those? or both?

hopefully marz will have my Z-1 back to me by then....... ;)
I would be up for riding the lifts on the 21st. Any interest in heading down to Angelfire and camping? If not, either Vail or Keystone would be cool.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
kristian said:
I would be up for riding the lifts on the 21st. Any interest in heading down to Angelfire and camping? If not, either Vail or Keystone would be cool.
What would be the time frame on an Angel Fire trip? I wanna hit that BAD!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
kristian said:
Hey Kristian, I'd like to ride with you guys. Seeing as how I really only have one bike at the moment, do you think I'd be able to manage on a V-10 even though it'll probably be overkill for certain things? Maybe the 5th will make it climbable do you think I'd be able to manage alright?

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
kristian said:
i've got the 18th - 25th off. unless jen has something planned for the two of us that i'm not aware of yet. maybe go down for a fri-monday four day weekend mini GITA thing?

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Confusing threads

COmtbiker12 said:
Hey Kristian, I'd like to ride with you guys. Seeing as how I really only have one bike at the moment, do you think I'd be able to manage on a V-10 even though it'll probably be overkill for certain things? Maybe the 5th will make it climbable do you think I'd be able to manage alright?
Did you mean to post this in the "Angelfire" section of the thread that is forming or the original post? A V10 is too much to climb the shuttle on and I would like to try to keep the group together this time (rather than having riders bail after the first downhill). I'm sure I'll do this ride again before the season is over. Next time I'll organize a DH version.

If you meant riding together at Angelfire, the V10 would be the perfect bike.

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure yet

kitchenware said:
What would be the time frame on an Angel Fire trip? I wanna hit that BAD!
It's doable from Colorado Springs as a day trip but it would be tough from Boulder. I was thinking about heading down after work on Friday, camping Friday night, riding Saturday and then possibly camping again on Saturday night (with a non-riding Sunday in Taos with Jaenette).

Does that work?

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let's start planning

scrublover said:
i've got the 18th - 25th off. unless jen has something planned for the two of us that i'm not aware of yet. maybe go down for a fri-monday four day weekend mini GITA thing?
I would probably leave here Friday at noon and head home Sunday (only riding Angelfire on Saturday). We should see if any New Mexicans are interested.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
kristian said:

Where do we meet sat morning?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts