Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Kristian doesn't want Sprocket and I bailing after the DH on his Shuttle(which is totally cool, BTW thanks for the ride and photos last time), I was thinking we might try to organize a parellel DH ride where we would start with them and do 2 shuttle runs on the DH trail(basically no climbing).

The trick is we need to haul ass in order to get 2 runs. We will need trucks and suvs with trailers in order to do it right.

I am just throwin it out no firm plans yet.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Hey I'm in if it gets organized. My bike is finally up and running, haha. Give me a ring 282-3424.

Sprocket, sorry I coudlnt get your call a few days ago...
 

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
KaiMana said:
Since Kristian doesn't want Sprocket and I bailing after the DH on his Shuttle(which is totally cool, BTW thanks for the ride and photos last time), I was thinking we might try to organize a parellel DH ride where we would start with them and do 2 shuttle runs on the DH trail(basically no climbing).

The trick is we need to haul ass in order to get 2 runs. We will need trucks and suvs with trailers in order to do it right.

I am just throwin it out no firm plans yet.
I'm down and have a subaru baja that can hold 4 bikes and 4 ppl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
KaiMana said:
Since Kristian doesn't want Sprocket and I bailing after the DH on his Shuttle(which is totally cool, BTW thanks for the ride and photos last time), I was thinking we might try to organize a parellel DH ride where we would start with them and do 2 shuttle runs on the DH trail(basically no climbing).

The trick is we need to haul ass in order to get 2 runs. We will need trucks and suvs with trailers in order to do it right.

I am just throwin it out no firm plans yet.
I'm in. I have a Ranger and can fit about 6 bikes, and three people (5 very uncomfortabally). Probably have to end up picking up tony.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
KaiMana said:
Since Kristian doesn't want Sprocket and I bailing after the DH on his Shuttle(which is totally cool, BTW thanks for the ride and photos last time), I was thinking we might try to organize a parellel DH ride where we would start with them and do 2 shuttle runs on the DH trail(basically no climbing).

The trick is we need to haul ass in order to get 2 runs. We will need trucks and suvs with trailers in order to do it right.

I am just throwin it out no firm plans yet.
Cool. It would be great to be able to do two groups if you're willing to lead the DH version. Are you still interested in meeting at 10:00?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kristian said:
Cool. It would be great to be able to do two groups if you're willing to lead the DH version. Are you still interested in meeting at 10:00?
I'd rather a 9:00 or even earlier start, I got kids so I'm up by 6:30 every morning.

Sprocket and I rode the DH saturday, it took us 1:30 from the start of 379 to the car.
The shuttle up is 30 mins, so figure 2.5 hrs. per run, then the drive up for the vehicles at the end is another hour. So if we cruise we can do the whole thing in 6 hrs.

So yeah the earlier the better, otherwise may have to do just one run?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
KaiMana said:
I'd rather a 9:00 or even earlier start, I got kids so I'm up by 6:30 every morning.

Sprocket and I rode the DH saturday, it took us 1:30 from the start of 379 to the car.
The shuttle up is 30 mins, so figure 2.5 hrs. per run, then the drive up for the vehicles at the end is another hour. So if we cruise we can do the whole thing in 6 hrs.

So yeah the earlier the better, otherwise may have to do just one run?
9:00 would be fine for me, but it might be pushing it for anyone who is driving down from Boulder. I'll post and see if people can make the 9:00 or if 10:00 would be a better time. If everyone decides they would rather ride at 10:00, there is no reason you guys have to wait for us (besides, you would probably catch up to us on your second run anyway :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
bad news...

I can't make it. Didn't relize that this is on a saturday and the empire that is Ticketmaster says I have to work.
But if you guys wanna schedule something for the 8th i'm down.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top