Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I've been in a trail cleanup mood. Yesterday on the Lake Natoma trail I cleaned up a pile that looked like a homeless had traded up a tote bag for a bookbag and left the contents of the pack. It was a kid's Yosemite diary and homework, and a picture book about redwoods. I felt sad about it but only found the kid's first name so no chance of reunification.

On the same trail today I picked up a smashed Walmart full suspension 20" bike that had been sitting the last few days by the bridge between the Aquatic Center and China Wall. It was atomically heavy even though the rear wheel assembly had already been harvested. I hung it on my handlebar, later moved it to the seat, and walked it to the nearest trash can at Nimbus (and not a foot further). It wasn't a great bike but it sure looked the part with a 1x drivetrain and a linkage driven single pivot rear end. I'd planned to do this last week but didn't have the time to take out of my commute until today. I'm disappointed no one else cleaned it up before me.

On the way to drop off the kiddie bike I saw a pallet... this could turn into a new full time hobby

Attachments

·
mtb'er
4,290 Posts
I've been in a trail cleanup mood. Yesterday on the Lake Natoma trail I cleaned up a pile that looked like a homeless had traded up a tote bag for a bookbag and left the contents of the pack. It was a kid's Yosemite diary and homework, and a picture book about redwoods. I felt sad about it but only found the kid's first name so no chance of reunification.

On the same trail today I picked up a smashed Walmart full suspension 20" bike that had been sitting the last few days by the bridge between the Aquatic Center and China Wall. It was atomically heavy even though the rear wheel assembly had already been harvested. I hung it on my handlebar, later moved it to the seat, and walked it to the nearest trash can at Nimbus (and not a foot further). It wasn't a great bike but it sure looked the part with a 1x drivetrain and a linkage driven single pivot rear end. I'd planned to do this last week but didn't have the time to take out of my commute until today. I'm disappointed no one else cleaned it up before me.

On the way to drop off the kiddie bike I saw a pallet... this could turn into a new full time hobby

But WHAT WAS THE WEATHER LIKE????

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Did a road ride. 3K' vert over 26 miles all in SF. San Bruno mountain was spectacular and empty. And windy! So so windy! Coming down was actually scary as the wind would suddenly die then come back at 25+ mph.

Tried out some of the sutro trails on my bike, and promptly fell over when I pedal clipped a stump. It's funny how a trail on my MTB that feels like the easiest thing not worth paying attention to gets a whole lot harder on a drop bar bike. I do love climbing on dirt, but man I suck with any down on this bike.

Blue Yellow Text Line Font
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.