Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm not a morning person, but I'll get up to ride. It was absolutely glorious this morning! 8 miles / 1.2K as my friend had to get home early. Rolling rocks in the pink glow...

Nature Natural environment Landscape Atmosphere Plain

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Never done that before... If only I had a bike that didn't weigh 35.6lbs and have 160mm of travel maybe this would have been a little more enjoyable. But successfully hit every trail in the park. Most fun part was trying to plan out the route as I went to limit as much overlap as possible.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
At Fort Ord Creekside lot there was a gang of MORCA(sp?) Trail builders, at least 24 Sheriff's Search and Rescue team members training and I locked my key in my truck before my greatly shortened ride. Both lots were over-capacity.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Never done that before... If only I had a bike that didn't weigh 35.6lbs and have 160mm of travel maybe this would have been a little more enjoyable. But successfully hit every trail in the park. Most fun part was trying to plan out the route as I went to limit as much overlap as possible.
That is a beat down. Seems like that ride would be more vertical feet and miles. I ride a loop there that is 14.5 miles and 3000 vertical feet.

Yellow Green Colorfulness Red White

·
More pie please
2,012 Posts
08/10/2019 Skeggs Point » Gods Trail ... and back

Save The Manzanita on Manzanita Trail, ECdM.

A couple HMB beachscapes.

The view from Gods.

Where does this go???

Stickers.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Seeing some of the bigger throw down rides here, I decided to follow suit! (Distance 29.23 mi / Elev Gain 2,506 ft).

Started with a little bit of this and that, connected both parts of my system via much abbreviated sections, then rode across town and connected another system. On the way back, found a jump line on city bike trail margins I had heard vague rumors about (true), then came back on streets to hit a mostly dirt section I call the "rainy day loop" since it, obviously, can be rode in the rain.

It was hot and I'm frickin tired!

Nature Natural environment Branch Plant community Leaf

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle fork

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Branch Bicycle

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yesterday while in Truckee went up Sawtooth then the fireroad to top of Big Chief (lower), down BC and down the other side's loop of Sawtooth. Think I might have been a chump for the uphill to BC - lot's of vehicles w/ bikes passed me going up, hah. A no-bike truck didn't slow down and dusted me pretty good. Got a nice pic higher up.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Take those DHF boat anchors off and put some faster rolling tires on and that ride becomes much, much easier.
I've even got a Maxxgrip assguy on the front right now. Which is definitely slower, and I think even heavier than a DHF.

I'll just stick to trails I enjoy that are -30% or more grade so these DH casing grippy tires actually come in handy.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've even got a Maxxgrip assguy on the front right now. Which is definitely slower, and I think even heavier than a DHF.

I'll just stick to trails I enjoy that are -30% or more grade so these DH casing grippy tires actually come in handy.
A good plan indeed. For kicks you should borrow a hard tail XC race bike one day. You'll be amazed at how strong a climber you are after riding those slow tires and slack bikes.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Hey man, don't you know HitG is ****?? Lol, awesome picture! Did you try the North Culvert Connector by chance? I want to hear from someone who has done it:

Northside 80 Culvert Connector on Trailforks
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/northside-80-culvert-connector/
I actually do think it is one of the most over rated trails out there, but still had fun on it with my kid today. Don't know about the connector trail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
A good plan indeed. For kicks you should borrow a hard tail XC race bike one day. You'll be amazed at how strong a climber you are after riding those slow tires and slack bikes.
Yeah. I definitely go back and forth about getting another bike. But then I realize I can barley keep up with maintaining the current bike I own.

And I honestly don't think I even have a friend that owns an xc bike. Just road/cross bikes and full Enduro rigs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.