Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was cool meeting with most of you guys today, definitely riding with people I never have with before even though I was on the dh shuttle ;) I was extremely impressed with the route that we went. Definitely THE funnest trail i have ever ridden and also the most challenging. Snowskilz got a decent amount of pics and Im sure he'll post them up. Thanks a lot to KaiMana for being our guide I definitely enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out with you guys and hit that all again. Rocky and KaiMana were definitely rippin it up especially on that big drop. I still need to hit it so next time I come out I promise I will. :). But I did hit a decent 6ft to tranny drop that was next to it, as well as ride some fun ladders considering I've never ridden ladders before. Afterwards was some awesome rocky sections, was able to ride most of it but had to walk a few sections. All in all it was a great day of riding. :D

·
eci
2,712 Posts
pics from today

COmtbiker12 said:
It was cool meeting with most of you guys today, definitely riding with people I never have with before even though I was on the dh shuttle ;) I was extremely impressed with the route that we went. Definitely THE funnest trail i have ever ridden and also the most challenging. Snowskilz got a decent amount of pics and Im sure he'll post them up. Thanks a lot to KaiMana for being our guide I definitely enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out with you guys and hit that all again. Rocky and KaiMana were definitely rippin it up especially on that big drop. I still need to hit it so next time I come out I promise I will. :). But I did hit a decent 6ft to tranny drop that was next to it, as well as ride some fun ladders considering I've never ridden ladders before. Afterwards was some awesome rocky sections, was able to ride most of it but had to walk a few sections. All in all it was a great day of riding. :D[/QUOTE

agreed heres some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Good stuff man. Wish I coulda made it out but I was out bringing home the bacon.

I'll be on the next one.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speaking of which....when is the next one kristian? Hopefully soon.:D

Also, where are the pics from the climbing group? I know that Rocky got some pics and DiveBomber got some video but not sure who from the climbing group got any...

·
eci
2,712 Posts
mtbkid said:
it dosent look like it was realy wet?
How long did it take you guys?
the dh group took just over 2 hours down it took us about 4 hrs round trip but we had to wait for everyone to get organized and such

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mtbkid said:
it dosent look like it was realy wet?
How long did it take you guys?
Keaton wanna hit that sometime soon? It was definitely fun. Uh...as far as it being wet only certain sections of it were like near the river as well as a couple big puddles here and there but other than that it was either tacky or dry. Yeah it took us like 2 hours to get down from the top cuz we spent like 20 minutes at the ladders, 20+ minutes at the drop, 20+ minutes at the other ladders. And we were on the top for like 30minutes before the other trucks got there with some bikes.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Speaking of which....when is the next one kristian? Hopefully soon.:D
Also, where are the pics from the climbing group? I know that Rocky got some pics and DiveBomber got some video but not sure who from the climbing group got any...
Well, I hope the next one is soon too. We missed the section at the beginning, but found some other stuff. The drop in the second pic was on the list yesterday, but we took a wrong turn and missed that section. Did hit some natural drops that I hadn't seen up there before, so that was a nice consolation prize. I'd also like to hit that big rock drop before winter hits too, so it looks like there are at least two more trips up there this year.

We had a pretty stellar ride with some dramatic crashes and lots of excessive speed. :D I didn't take any pics with my cam, but ETR has a few and some others were snapping away. They'll probably be up soon.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think you'll be getting any sort of big bike in the future Jim? Or are you gonna hit that big drop on your hardtail?

·
eci
2,712 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Do you think you'll be getting any sort of big bike in the future Jim? Or are you gonna hit that big drop on your hardtail?
the top ladders are def doable on a hardtail. the rock drop may be a lil scketch on a hard tail, youd have to land it perfectly

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
No big bike in the immediate future.

I'd never come out and say I'm going to stomp it on a hardtail or stomp it period. It IS something that I'd like to do by working up to it and things are moving in that direction at a pace that I'm happy with. Will it happen this year? maybe, maybe not. I'd never set myslef up so that I couldn't wuss out until 'next time' or until I got a bigger bike, because that sh!t does happen. Rocky and Kai make that thing look smooth, but I know they have mad skillz and grande testicles to convey that.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kitchenware said:

I'd never come out and say I'm going to stomp it on a hardtail or stomp it period. It IS something that I'd like to do by working up to it and things are moving in that direction at a pace that I'm happy with. Will it happen this year? maybe, maybe not. I'd never set myslef up so that I couldn't wuss out until 'next time' or until I got a bigger bike, because that sh!t does happen. Rocky and Kai make that thing look smooth, but I know they have mad skillz and grande testicles to convey that.
Definitely, I was just curious if you had a big bike in the works or not since I remember you saying you were going to build another bike and put your green one back into SS.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Definitely, I was just curious if you had a big bike in the works or not since I remember you saying you were going to build another bike and put your green one back into SS.
hehe, I think my reponse morphed into a response to you AND snowskilz. That's what happens when you're doing too many things at once.

But yeah, I'd like to turn the Chameleon into a FR single speed eventually. That's pretty much what it is now. It's got a 1x9 on it, but I usually end up standing up and pushing the SS gear out of habit unless I'm really tired or packing a lot of gear.

If I had the cash though, I'd have a big rig. Your's sure looked nice and comfy. How'd it handle that trail yesterday?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
kitchenware said:

hey jim i have a new drop practice spot in east boulder. 2-13 feet. the big one is slightly smaller than the csprings one and has an easier run in. its like butter. 11 feet to case about 13 to start of bottom out zone. so its precise but teaches skill well. the 2-7 ft warm ups are nice too. you should go hit it with us to get pumped up for bigger hits. i have dialed in my 6x6 bike on it and now i will work on the hardtail when i get it built (fork has worn bushings). i want to hit it today if your down.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Lots of fun meeting and riding with you guys. I am definitely up for the next ride. Can one of you guys who got a pic of my ugly mug post crash pm it to me or post it for that matter?

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I think I got one....I'll try to post it later today, and I'll link you to a high-res. version as well.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,875 Posts
That was fun

I rarely get to ride with skilled, fast riders - I'll have to make a point of joining up on more of these group type rides.

Eric rolling one of the rocks

Some the group at the bottom of Section 16

1 - 20 of 42 Posts