Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great ride in Wilder this morning with two cool cats! First time I've ridden the West Englesman re-route, very, very well done. Great morning for a ride; some great calamari and conversation afterwards.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
11.2 miles this morning with my regular riding buddy and two new guys to the trail. Average temp of 63 degrees. It was glorious :) No pictures, but we ended up with 3 KOMs. We were laying it down! I guess riding in a pack just helps keep the speed high.

Text Photograph White Line Style

I met one of the new guys two weeks ago as he rode down a hiking portion of the system. I waved at him,we chatted for a bit and I told him that he is not riding the right stuff, lol. It's cool because he is a younger rider affiliated with local highschool MTB team. My guess is they (the HS team) will start riding it for some of their training rides.

I think most people have no idea of the trail sitting right beneath their nose. Linking everything together in sequence so you ride it in the optimized direction can be a bit tricky in this system since the cow trails are everywhere so you need to know where and how to link them for an optimal ride.

·
More pie please
2,012 Posts
08/24/2019 El Corte de Madera » Half Moon Bay » El Corte de Madera

I meant to start at Skeggs Point but when I got there I found that CalTrans had closed it for a roadwork project. This shot is over my shoulder after turning around:

(I started from the ECdM parking lot.)

That is the location of the former gate to the top of Steam Donkey. MidPen used equipment to remove the trail bench. Everything above Oljon is truly gone.

Blue Blossom trail, contrasting trail styles:

An old, old scar.

When you ride out to the ocean, well, you post a photo...

A plant.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Short Skeggs ride yesterday (my first there in over a year). Weather was perfect in the shade, two small puddles and the rest of the trail dry but not super dusty. I noticed some posts/signs indicating to stay on trail where there were little ramps up the sidewall, seemed new...like they are trying to keep the trail more of a single lane hiking trail. Now that I honk of it there were many more hikers out there than I remember in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Last chance to ride before I spend next week for work in San Fran. 7.5 miles after 10AM. Wasn't the best idea but took the e-bike to make it less of a struggle with the heat. Getting ready to soak up a little rock drop ...

Bicycle accessory Soil Electronic device Bicycle handlebar Bicycle

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Short Skeggs ride yesterday (my first there in over a year). Weather was perfect in the shade, two small puddles and the rest of the trail dry but not super dusty. I noticed some posts/signs indicating to stay on trail where there were little ramps up the sidewall, seemed new...like they are trying to keep the trail more of a single lane hiking trail. Now that I honk of it there were many more hikers out there than I remember in the past.

Lots of hikers on Sierra Moreno, but I don't usually see many lower. Actually saw Tomas Hertl of the San Jose Sharks hiking there a few weeks ago, pretty cool.

Hey, what ever became of my old Kuat bike rack that you were going to cut up? Curious to see what you've made of it.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
About once or twice a week I follow my daughter around trails on bike while she runs/trains for high school cross country. Yesterday, I decided to make it more challenging for me, so I pedaled the entire 8 mile run loop with the dropper seat down. About 1000 feet of climbing. Pretty goofy looking, but man that was a work out. Holy **** my legs are sore today!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lots of hikers on Sierra Moreno, but I don't usually see many lower. Actually saw Tomas Hertl of the San Jose Sharks hiking there a few weeks ago, pretty cool.

Hey, what ever became of my old Kuat bike rack that you were going to cut up? Curious to see what you've made of it.
I haven't fully taken it apart and built anything but it is still holding my project bikes from falling on the kids. I'll let you know when it's fully installed!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.