Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
i'm home this weekend. 3 days of riding starting today. Want to be deadly efficient though with time.

Wrenching a lot, selling a lot of old stuff.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put Shimano XT 4 piston brakes on my new Yeti. I had forgotten how much I like Shimano brakes. Going for a very easy spin today after a mega day yesterday following my friend who is an ultra athlete.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
In Washington state for a wedding. Got the green light from the Mrs to ride. Picked up a Trance at the local shop and rode Beacon Hill in Spokane. Man they have some bad ass trails and ones WAY over my pay grade. Seriously some of the biggest drops and jumps I have ever seen and I have seen the pro line at Skyline Park in Rotorua which has been used for pro slope style.

Anyways, hit a lot of the classic blues and a few blacks and had a blast! If you're ever in or near Spokane Washington, ride it!

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Mode of transport Automotive tire

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Tire

Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

Nature Natural environment Plant community Soil Woody plant

Natural environment Mountain bike Downhill mountain biking Mountain biking Recreation

Natural environment Forest Trunk Biome Woodland

Clothing Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike

·
Read Only
0 Posts
A rider (56 years old) crashed in front of me at Calero and had to be transported out. It was on Lisa Killough trail going towards the lake (1/4 mile before the gate). He had just passed me 20 seconds earlier and wasn't going really fast (maybe 10mph). Then he turned a blind corner and apparently had some sort of collision with a couple riders going the opposite direction or standing there.

I didn't see the crash, but when I turned the corner he was on the ground and the couple were standing there. I think he may of crashed to avoid the couple. It is possible they could of been just standing there when he rounded the corner. He said he was in a lot of pain and thought his leg was dislocated or broken. However to me, it didn't look dislocated because his leg was in alignment, but I really don't know the extent of his injuries. He did have some minor road rash on the inside of his left leg which is an odd location.

The couple called for paramedics and they stayed with him. I went to the Calero trailhead to point the paramedics in the right direction but they were on the ball and knew where to go. They showed up in about 20 minutes. Not sure how they got to him and transported him out because that part of Lisa Killough trail is all singletrack. There was a helicopter overhead even before the crash, but not sure if the helicopter transported him out.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Rode JMP today and the marine layer has kept moisture in some areas! Hero dirt I. Aug?! Big Trees, sunset and orchard all primo..

Taking out a sb150 to UC tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
765 Posts
a sad reason not to ride that trail on weekends. where's the courtesy?!
I know right? All it would take is some incident like 5k mentioned happening to the wrong person to have the powers that be decide to close down access to mtb on that trail completely (which would also be the logical first step if they really wanted to curb unsanctioned trail use up there). That's really why I mentioned it, when events like this or the occasional equestrian one happen we're even more under the microscope. I'm surprised it wasn't on the mbosc IG and here saying "hey this event is happening tomorrow, if you're out there riding please be on your best behavior and don't give folks more reasons to hate mtb'ers." I only found out about it because I was riding out there last night and saw the course signs.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know right? All it would take is some incident like 5k mentioned happening to the wrong person to have the powers that be decide to close down access to mtb on that trail completely (which would also be the logical first step if they really wanted to curb unsanctioned trail use up there). That's really why I mentioned it, when events like this or the occasional equestrian one happen we're even more under the microscope. I'm surprised it wasn't on the mbosc IG and here saying "hey this event is happening tomorrow, if you're out there riding please be on your best behavior and don't give folks more reasons to hate mtb'ers." I only found out about it because I was riding out there last night and saw the course signs.
Oops! Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. Sorry about that.

Comment revised. We know the deal.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.