Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had originally planned on riding Ft. Ord today (1/27). But the choice was between rain and sunshine, so I headed up to Auburn for some sunshine. The weather was great, perhaps as high as 60 degrees, and the trails were in great shape. Like all NorCal trails I've ridden this winter, they were pretty dry, with the exception of a few short slick sections due to repeated freeze/thaw cycles. I did the 31 mile route: up Stagecoach down Manzanita, up Upper Stagecoach to Mossy Rock, across the Foresthill Bridge, up Fuel Break, down Culvert, up Mammoth Bar OHV and Shortcut II, out the Connector, around Foresthill Divide Loop, back via the Connector, down Culvert and back via the Confluence.

I suck at downhill switch backs so I have been studying the video on BikeSkills, and I think today was the first time I made that switchback on the Manzanita Trail. Although a bit faster than previous trips, my legs felt a bit sluggish. However, they really perked up on that great Confluence finish! If you haven't tried Auburn you really should. I barely stopped, just for a few photos, most of which are below.

Appropriately named Manzanita Trail

From Manzanita Trail

Mossy Rock Trail

Mossy Rock Trail

Foresthill Bridge

The Connector Trail

The river below

The river below

The Connector Trail

The Confluence Trail

The Confluence Trail

The Confluence Trail

From The Confluence Trail

The Confluence Trail

Obligatory Bridge shot

·
Registered
58 Posts
You are absolutely right

Wherewolf said:
If you haven't tried Auburn you really should.
You are absolutely right; I do need to make the trip up to Auburn, because it does look like a great place to ride. It also looks like you made the right choice as far as heading to Annadel! And as always; great pictures!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
That's a little strange, you didn't chang the thread title, but you did change the title of your post.

Looks like a good time to get to Aubutn, a lot of the trails are in great shape right now.

Edit: Its a little dry, but did you think about jumping from the bridge?

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't change thread titles

EBrider said:
That's a little strange, you didn't chang the thread title, but you did change the title of your post. Its a little dry, but did you think about jumping from the bridge?
You can't change thread titles, I don't know why. I'm very afraid of heights so I take the road, not the sidewalk over the bridge.

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
awesome pics ...... too bad youre not still up north here, us "northstate" folks are riding oroville tommorow doin a pretty serious one should be good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.