Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating on whether or not to head down the hill in the AM for a ride around Auburn. Not sure on the course as I'm tagging along w/ the local club team... but any info on current trail conditions from the Gold Country folks would be appreciated in helping me make an informed decision.

Thanks.

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
i was out there yesterday and monday and it wasnt to bad. we rode manzanita, mossy rock, fuel break, connector, then dipped into th OHV park before coming across confluence. fuel break was pretty sloppy on monday (we hit it around 1PM) and the connector was a bit slick in some spots. yesterday we were on the trail by 10AM and fuel break was just beginning to thaw out in spots. the connector was still frozen until crossing the bridge where it was damp in spots, but tacky for the most part. not bad. all other trails were fine. tomorrow things will probably stay frozen most of the day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool... thanks!

Sounds like it's not too sloppy, which was my concern... snow bad, but frozen sounds like fun. Sweet, I'm headed out in about 15mins.... minus 4 here this AM so I'm hoping for some balmy temps in the mid-30s.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FDLT was in great shape

We rode from Russell Rd.... Manzanita/Stagecoach/Lake Clementine/Foresthill Loop connecter/FDLT counter clockwise/Clementine/Culvert Trail/Confluence/back up Stagecoach. Definintely some muddy, sloppy sections but they were short and completely rideable.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Fish on a Bike said:
Olmstead Loop was a mudfest going counter-clockwise. Thinking about trying FDLT or maybe just the connector trail tomorrow. Anyone know the conditions of either of these trails?
Rode Olmstead today. That back half (riding CCW) was some seriously thick mud.

·
Poison Oak Finder
76 Posts
sonicsuby said:
Rode Olmstead today. That back half (riding CCW) was some seriously thick mud.
You know it's bad when your bike stops moving because of the mud buildup between the tires and the frame. :madman:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Egan said:
You know it's bad when your bike stops moving because of the mud buildup between the tires and the frame. :madman:
I especially liked the ice that was under the mud. That gave it that extra bit of excitement not knowing what your bike was going to do in the next instant. There you are riding your bike and then 2 milliseconds later you are flat on the ground wondering where all the thorn bushes came from. :eekster:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.