Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from Salt Lake City on vacation to Coloma/Lotus area for kayaking but also want to do some local mountainbike trails at beginner/intermediate level. I've heard of the Folsum lake, Confluence trails but would like other recommendations. Can you recommend a bike shop in Auburn that we could stop at on the way and pick up a local guidebook showing the trails? If no good guidebooks for that local area how about a good website (is mtbr.com up-to-date?) where I can print out needed info ie getting to trailhead, mileage, trail options etc..? I hear it will be hot so we plan on riding early AM or late PM. If possible we would love to get over to Tahoe for the Flume but we will see. Thanks ahead for any recommendations!

Mark

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Mark,

Ask for Curtis or Bubba. Tell them what you're looking for. They'll help you out.

Enjoy your holiday,

jps

Cambria Bicycle Emporium
483 Grass Valley Hwy
Auburn, CA, 95603
530-823-2900

·
weekend worrier
562 Posts
The Olmstead Loop in Cool is probably the closest riding to Coloma. There's also the Clementine Loop, Foresthill Divide Loop, and Connector Trail, all in the Auburn State Recreation Area. Check w/ the folks at Cambria Bicycle Emporium in Auburn or Auburn BIke Works for trail maps.

Except under unusual circumstances, heat usually isn't a problem if you start at 9 a.m. or earlier or wait until after 6 p.m. to avoid direct sunlight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.