Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I dig trails!
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up.

If you ride the Fuel Break trail in Auburn, riding in the direction from the Foresthill bridge to the Culvert Trail there is a large tree (2ft thick) across the trail in the downhill.

It has fallen over the trail and is about 2 ft suspended above the trail, but it is right after a corner at the bottom of the downhill near the Culvert trail intersection. It is quite a surprise.

I came into it hot down the hill, saw it, locked em up, and almost had to lay it down under the tree CHiPs style. I did bump the tree, but I thought I was a goner.

"Tree!"

Mr. P

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
3,495 Posts
Cooked

Mr.P said:
Just a heads up.

If you ride the Fuel Break trail in Auburn, riding in the direction from the Foresthill bridge to the Culvert Trail there is a large tree (2ft thick) across the trail in the downhill.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know anyone rode Fuel Break trail this time of year, it's so damned hot up there and with no cover that trail is brutal.

·
I dig trails!
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0gre said:
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know anyone rode Fuel Break trail this time of year, it's so damned hot up there and with no cover that trail is brutal.
No kidding! It was 8:30am and I had to shamefully walk some of those climbs because it was too hot. I thought I could beat the heat in the morning, but your right, bakefest.

Mr. P

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
3,495 Posts
Auburn MTBR Ride

Mr.P said:
No kidding! It was 8:30am and I had to shamefully walk some of those climbs because it was too hot. I thought I could beat the heat in the morning, but your right, bakefest.
I don't ride that route much but when we did the MTBR Epic ride the 'A Group' rode Fuelbreak and while it was only 75-80 outside it still felt hot up there. There is just zero cover up there and the climbs make you warm up quick. I do ride Auburn in the summer but not that Fuelbreak.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
No kidding!!!

0gre said:
I don't ride that route much but when we did the MTBR Epic ride the 'A Group' rode Fuelbreak and while it was only 75-80 outside it still felt hot up there. There is just zero cover up there and the climbs make you warm up quick. I do ride Auburn in the summer but not that Fuelbreak.
We rode Fuel Break back in May. And despite 80 degree temps it just felt WAY hotter there, but on the bright side, riding Fuel Break first AND then Connector, made Connector's shade feel really nice.

-Aaron

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts