Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
It's Makeable
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say hey,

Looking at a trip to Auburn tomorrow (Thursday, 6/11). First time .. leaving from the East Bay. Hoping to ride for four hours .. and then clean up. That is to say, clean up well enough for a company get-together (Rivercats baseball game).

Is there a good place to rinse the dirt and blood off a beat-up body b/w Auburn and Sacramento? A campground with showers? A favorite place to jump in the river? Jump in a lake :)

Thanks.
= fogman

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Right by where you park is a great place to jump in. That should be satisfactory for a baseball game.

<br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=111504874241285101825.00046c05d00e6d21489d8&ll=38.915538,-121.040792&spn=0.002003,0.003433&z=18&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">My Saved Places</a> in a larger map</small>

·
It's Makeable
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google Maps rocks

EBrider said:
Right by where you park is a great place to jump in. That should be satisfactory for a baseball game.
Sweet! I recognize that bridge! Life is good:thumbsup:

I guess the "where to park" question has been answered too!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
fogman said:
Sweet! I recognize that bridge! Life is good:thumbsup:

I guess the "where to park" question has been answered too!

Thanks.
There are other rides, but that it is the spot I have left from. Park just before the bridge.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,414 Posts
EBrider said:
There are other rides, but that it is the spot I have left from. Park just before the bridge.
No, park after the bridge, that way you can park in the only shade around, come afternoon. You're starting the ride from the bottom, so to get back to your car, it's all downhill, the way it should be. :thumbsup:

·
It's Makeable
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Park in the Shade!

slamcam said:
You need to go up stagecoach as well just for the fun of coming down Manzanita and maybe Tinkers:thumbsup:
So I have parked the car near the confluence, in the shade. It looks like there is enough to time get as far as the end of the Connector Trail before turning around. There is little chance that we can score the Foresthill Divide Loop.

As the ride cheerleader (= most obnoxious rider), should I lead the charge up Stagecoach before heading to the Connector Trail and back? Or, do the Stagecoach + Manzanita + Tinkers after a couple hours of riding? It seems like a hard sell to Stagecoach after a long descent when the car is in sight. OTOH, if Manzanita and Tinkers are not to be missed, then a hard-sell it will be.

Thanks everyone.:D

·
Registered
395 Posts
If you have 4 hours and the legs, food/water, you should be able to hit climb confluence trail to connector, then FHDL loop, back down connector, then shoot through the gate and hit the confluence to mammoth bar/confluence trail back to your car. That's a great ride, probably about 7 + 7 + 11 = 25 miles or so.

You could then hit almost any 24 HR. Fitness (there's one on N. Sunrise/Eureka in Roseville just off I80) and pay $10 to use their showers / pool, etc.

That's usually what I do if I end up in the Bay Area and want to ride then clean up.

Manzanita is a fun / technical trail, but for great climbs, views, rollers, switchbacky fast singletrack, Connector + FHDL followed by Confluence downhill is really good

·
It's Makeable
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Auburn Rocks

Thanks everyone for the info.

Auburn rocks! A late start led to a shorter loop. For no apparent reason, we headed up Clementine to the Connector Trail. The entire FHDL was not workable, so we headed up clockwise for a distance and climbed out on the Clementine Lake -- Upper Lake access road. Across the road and back on to the FHDL to the Connector Trail. The descent was fun .. I like finishing on a downhill .. so the Culvert + Confluence descent was a riot.

Splashing in the river worked great and so it was not our appearance that embarrassed us at the River Cats baseball game. Next time, we will spend more time in the river. What's not to like about that after long and dusty ride!

Thanks again.
= fogman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts