Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night a fellow senior at capt pollution and my highschool died in a car accident. 4 of us are planning a run dedicated to Mike Silver in auburn this sunday april 10th. i guess we'll hit up the tunnel trail and cool trail and take suggestions also. anyone in the area then are free to join us. we usually get up there around 9am and without any major occurances will leave at 4 or 5pm or whenever we have to be home.

·
NorCal slum bum
52 Posts
yea man lets hope i cant get warrenty on my x9 so i can get the new shimano stuff, or i can get a temp from charley. but yea its gonna be a fun ride. ill say more later, i gotta get some gas, and i tihnk i might stop by the crash site. Peace.

·
the bomb
530 Posts
Connundrum1 said:
Last night a fellow senior at capt pollution and my highschool died in a car accident. 4 of us are planning a run dedicated to Mike Silver in auburn this sunday april 10th. i guess we'll hit up the tunnel trail and cool trail and take suggestions also. anyone in the area then are free to join us. we usually get up there around 9am and without any major occurances will leave at 4 or 5pm or whenever we have to be home.
sorry to hear about your friend.

·
NorCal slum bum
52 Posts
Connundrum1 said:
i plan on going by the site and leaving flowers sometime this week.
hey joey. I just got back from the site. I dropped off some flowers. On the way there I was planing on what to say when i got there, but I went to drop them off and nothing would come out, i got all choked up. Im gonna stop by tomoorw and try and get something out. Oh, hey and to top off this grand ****ingtastic day, my GF broke up with me like 15 mins ago. WOOPIE GREAT DAY

Anywho, for the ride. We plan on hittin up the main trails. Coolside, Tunnel trail and maybe some of the OHV park if we really feel like it. Basicaly, if you dont like riding alone, come with us, but if you plan on shuttling with us some gas money would be nice seeing how its pushing 250 a gallon

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss of your classmate

that's a terrible tragedy.

My condolences to his family.

Roger

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so we're leavin from home (gold river) at 8am so we'll be up there around 830 or 845. captpollution leave about that time and we'll meet at top of tunnel i think. doesn't look like anyone else here is interested so it'll be TC and pat, so 5 of us. but anyone else join us at that time at the begining of tunnel trail, on the lake clementine road thing.

·
NorCal slum bum
52 Posts
Connundrum1 said:
ok so we're leavin from home (gold river) at 8am so we'll be up there around 830 or 845. captpollution leave about that time and we'll meet at top of tunnel i think. doesn't look like anyone else here is interested so it'll be TC and pat, so 5 of us. but anyone else join us at that time at the begining of tunnel trail, on the lake clementine road thing.
\
hommie, ill be down at the bottom if in driving? whats the whole plan for driving?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, you and i are shuttling. you meet us at the bottom at confluence and i'll drive to the top, give me a call when ur at confluence. i don't have a confirmation from Pat yet but that doesn't matter, he shows or he doesn't, we leave at 8 anyway. Also we're gonna need to get more money from the guys seeing as gas prices are up to 2.47, last time we auburned it was 2.09.

·
NorCal slum bum
52 Posts
Connundrum1 said:
yea, you and i are shuttling. you meet us at the bottom at confluence and i'll drive to the top, give me a call when ur at confluence. i don't have a confirmation from Pat yet but that doesn't matter, he shows or he doesn't, we leave at 8 anyway. Also we're gonna need to get more money from the guys seeing as gas prices are up to 2.47, last time we auburned it was 2.09.
on the contrary, it was 2.20. but yea man, 250 for gas, damn right im getting money from them

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So looks like i completely wiped out. hit a rock going fast and flew. direct head hit on helmet on a rock we think, and my wrist hurts alot, prob sprained. bike front tire rim bent and broken, tube popped, and tire blew. pics to follow soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey william, how bout a little less being an insensitive ******* and a little more shut the **** up? no one said anything about alcohol did they? no i don't think i saw that anywhere. so go back to raping the little boys in your closet and leave us alone.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Tasteless

williamf777 said:
Lots of people die every day. We should feel sorry for the soldiers that die in Iraq. Not some kid who drinks too much and drives MOM's SUV into a tree.
Regardless of the situation, it is very sad. Part of growing up is making mistakes and learning, hopefully none of them kill you.

First friend that I had die was during high school. Suffered brain damage from an accident during a bike race (velodrome). I still think about him frequently.

Conundrum1, my thoughts are with you during a difficult time. Keep riding and doing what your friend would want you to do.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I agree

EBrider said:
Regardless of the situation, it is very sad. Part of growing up is making mistakes and learning, hopefully none of them kill you.
Been there too in high school w/ girl friend passing away in stupid car accident.

Please make sure you visit the parents of your fallen friend, They are going thru some heavy times right now. And then check in on them, to see how they are doing.

jps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.